The Student Room Group

Am I being rude

Fake post
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by George_carsisom
Ok so I’ve been going out with this girl for like 3 months now and at the start she used to make an effort and when she does herself up she honestly looks like a solid 9 and I’m honestly not exaggerating however now she doesn’t make an effort and particularly in quarantine and she not to sound harsh looks like a 5 and she’s going into like Houseparty and all the other girls are like looking decent and I know this is harsh and really mean but I’m almost embarrassed about it.

Oh, George. It's late and you're bored...I get that.
Original post by Reality Check
Oh, George. It's late and you're bored...I get that.

This is an honest problem I’m not joking I’m not some sad person please look I’ve only ever posted on here twice before each with genuine problems ye I’m under a fake name but it’s honest
Ok so I’ve been going out with this girl for like 3 months now and at the start she used to make an effort and when she does herself up she honestly looks like a solid 9 and I’m honestly not exaggerating however now she doesn’t make an effort and particularly in quarantine and she not to sound harsh looks like a 5 and she’s going into like Houseparty and all the other girls are like looking decent and I know this is harsh and really mean but I’m almost embarrassed about it.

Oh, George. That's not your girlfriend you're looking at. It's a mirror. And given the number, I hope for your sake it's aimed at your face...
Original post by ageshallnot
Oh, George. That's not your girlfriend you're looking at. It's a mirror. And given the number, I hope for your sake it's aimed at your face...

:rofl:
Yes you are being rude, punk.
Explain this to her OP, it'll make your quarantine experience especially fun if you live together.
Can I please have genuine advice please not from people who are sad and are on this app just to say this isn’t true, even if u think I’m being a **** can i just have advice

i'm out of breath from reading that sentence but seriously stop ranting about ur gf she's probably penger than u
Original post by HS_1
i'm out of breath from reading that sentence but seriously stop ranting about ur gf she's probably penger than u

Ye she is when she makes an effort by a mile but not when she don’t
Reply 10
my advice is to get over it
Can I please have genuine advice please not from people who are sad and are on this app just to say this isn’t true, even if u think I’m being a **** can i just have advice

It is a website :h:

I get the feeling that most of the responses to this thread are going to be very very angry so i'm going to try and put this the nicest way I possibly can. Honestly, it can come across as being a little shallow when you view your girlfriend this way. Surely you like her for her personality and not just her looks? I understand that looks do play a part for some boys but the main thing SHOULD be her personality and if she really matters to you then you should be able to look past the days when she's not looking 'her best' (i'm sure she's gorgeous-all girls are but i'm not getting into that). Quite frankly, if you can't see past that then this is your issue and not hers.. so i'd tread very carefully if I was you, unless you want to be single in 0.2 seconds.
So my advice is: either find a way to love her for who she is, or end it (nicely- she should never know of the existence of this post)
Hope this helps you.

Well you are rude
Original post by c.jones1509
I get the feeling that most of the responses to this thread are going to be very very angry so i'm going to try and put this the nicest way I possibly can. Honestly, it can come across as being a little shallow when you view your girlfriend this way. Surely you like her for her personality and not just her looks? I understand that looks do play a part for some boys but the main thing SHOULD be her personality and if she really matters to you then you should be able to look past the days when she's not looking 'her best' (i'm sure she's gorgeous-all girls are but i'm not getting into that). Quite frankly, if you can't see past that then this is your issue and not hers.. so i'd tread very carefully if I was you, unless you want to be single in 0.2 seconds.
So my advice is: either find a way to love her for who she is, or end it (nicely- she should never know of the existence of this post)
Hope this helps you.

Thanks for the genuine advice and i know I’m being shallow it’s just something that’s been on my mind
You need to understand the fact that once you enter a relationship, the two of you should feel more comfortable in front of each other. It's not her job to constantly want to make herself up for you and we're literally in lockdown. No one's allowed to leave the house, so why does she need to make an effort? If you live with a girl/have a serious relationship, this is what's gonna happen. You'll see her make-up free way more than you see her made up.

No because there are only 2 possibilities. 1) You are trying to amuse yourself by trying to make up a thread which will attract a lot of attention and make you feel important. 2) It's a genuine thread and you really are a shallow, sad excuse for a human being.

Not a great choice, is it???
:dry: really.....?
Reply 18
Thanks for the genuine advice and i know I’m being shallow it’s just something that’s been on my mind

Shallow, vain and so on all apply, yes. She doesn’t have to look what you consider 9 all the time.

Maybe you’re better off alone until you can appreciate someone beyond their looks. If he not being caked in makeup makes you embarrassed then I feel sorry for her.
Reply 19
Original post by ageshallnot
No because there are only 2 possibilities. 1) You are trying to amuse yourself by trying to make up a thread which will attract a lot of attention and make you feel important. 2) It's a genuine thread and you really are a shallow, sad excuse for a human being.

Not a great choice, is it???

Could be both options.

Quick Reply

Latest