The Student Room Group

Law at Cambridge???????

I want to go into a law career. I’m taking English lit, history and economics. I’m aiming to get into a university which is a member of the Russel group. I am predicted a 7 in maths, however I hate maths. But I’m wondering if it’ll make my university application stronger if I took a level maths and if it will increase my chances of getting into Cambridge University? ( I know it’s not possible but it’s nice to dream haha)
No that's a terrible idea. Your 7 in maths gcse is fine for Cambridge but the main concern is if you took a level maths. If you hate it, you wont be able to motivate yourself to learn it and revise for it to get the high grades you need for Cambridge and it'll decrease your chances if you do poorly in maths. Plus 4 Alevels are stressful and a lot of work and focusing on 3 a levels will give you a better chance of getting a competitive application since you will have less time to focus on each subject with 4 a levels
Original post by PetitePanda
No that's a terrible idea. Your 7 in maths gcse is fine for Cambridge but the main concern is if you took a level maths. If you hate it, you wont be able to motivate yourself to learn it and revise for it to get the high grades you need for Cambridge and it'll decrease your chances if you do poorly in maths. Plus 4 Alevels are stressful and a lot of work and focusing on 3 a levels will give you a better chance of getting a competitive application since you will have less time to focus on each subject with 4 a levels

THANK YOU. I hate maths with passion.

Quick Reply

Latest