The Student Room Group

Have I chosen the wrong a-levels?

So I’ve chosen to study Maths, Further Maths and religious studies and I want to study theology at Oxbridge, but will they not like my a-levels being so maths based?
Reply 1
Original post by rosacherry
So I’ve chosen to study Maths, Further Maths and religious studies and I want to study theology at Oxbridge, but will they not like my a-levels being so maths based?

I'd recommend you look thoroughly at the websites. For Cambridge you'll need to check the college pages too.
Theology are also fairly different between the two universities. Depending upon which theology course you went for at Oxford, the maths would either be an advantage or not.
Reply 2
Original post by 2500_2
I'd recommend you look thoroughly at the websites. For Cambridge you'll need to check the college pages too.
Theology are also fairly different between the two universities. Depending upon which theology course you went for at Oxford, the maths would either be an advantage or not.

I’d probably be wanting to do theology at Cambridge (I feel more drawn to Cambridge than Oxford)... I’m just wondering if I should change my a-levels so something more subject appropriate?
Original post by rosacherry
I’d probably be wanting to do theology at Cambridge (I feel more drawn to Cambridge than Oxford)... I’m just wondering if I should change my a-levels so something more subject appropriate?

If they meet the subject requirements (if any) they'll be fine.

Maths and philosophy overlap quite a lot so people doing maths and applying to philosophy-related degrees won't be uncommon.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending