The Student Room Group

What do you think the verdict will be on thursday

On Thursday they are reviewing the UK lock down situation and seeing if any changes will be made. What do you think will happen?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Stargirl2.0
On Thursday they are reviewing the UK lock down situation and seeing if any changes will be made. What do you think will happen?

It will be extended :smile: (Quite rightfully)
Reply 2

Don't want to speculate too much but I would say it's highly likely the current lockdown measures will stay in place as it's still too soon to ascertain whether we've reached the peak. Stronger lockdown measures could be implemented if necessary.
I doubt there will be any change.

Not much will change for the moment. Cases are dropping though so hopefully things will be better soon.

I think we need to let those who are young and not living with vulnerable go back to work. And those who have had it. I had it a month ago and I am working
I thought it was being reviewed today?
Original post by squeakysquirrel
Not much will change for the moment. Cases are dropping though so hopefully things will be better soon.

I think we need to let those who are young and not living with vulnerable go back to work. And those who have had it. I had it a month ago and I am working

Were you tested?
I think it'll be extended, probably for at least another month. There are still so many people being idiots, so they may get stricter e.g. no outside exercise

You are a health professional so are more likely to have had access to (probably) an antigen test that showed you had it when you did, hence you know. Many people who can't work at home but aren't HPs don't yet have this info about themselves so may have to wait....
Original post by MrMusician95
Were you tested?

Nope - and I am an NHS worker. Had all the symptoms though - cough, headache, hot. I never ever get sick normally so for me to get it must be bad ( Had just come back from Italy too)
Original post by DrawTheLine
I think it'll be extended, probably for at least another month. There are still so many people being idiots, so they may get stricter e.g. no outside exercise

If they take away outside exercise then you just change your reason for leaving the house to mental health.
I think it will be status quo, stay as is for a while longer.
Original post by DiddyDec
If they take away outside exercise then you just change your reason for leaving the house to mental health.

Then they need to get even stricter.
Nope - and I am an NHS worker. Had all the symptoms though - cough, headache, hot. I never ever get sick normally so for me to get it must be bad ( Had just come back from Italy too)

You probably had it, but cannot be sure. This is why an antibody test is essential. An article I found have said that 50%-80% will remain symptom free. If true it means millions of people may have already had it and not known. I had a really bad cold and a sore throat like I have never had before for about ten-fourteen days. For all I know it was COVID-19.

https://swprs.org/a-swiss-doctor-on-covid-19/#latest
Original post by DrawTheLine
Then they need to get even stricter.

In reality they need to rewrite the laws underpinning the restrictions on movement so they actually make legal sense.
By the way, why is Thursday the "big day" anyway?
Original post by MrMusician95
You probably had it, but cannot be sure. This is why an antibody test is essential. An article I found have said that 50%-80% will remain symptom free. If true it means millions of people may have already had it and not known. I had a really bad cold and a sore throat like I have never had before for about ten-fourteen days. For all I know it was COVID-19.

https://swprs.org/a-swiss-doctor-on-covid-19/#latest

You probably have had it. They did tests on people in Iceland too ( the country!) and found that 50% of people with the virus were asymptomatic

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/iceland-finds-that-half-its-citizens-with-coronavirus-have-shown-no-symptoms-2020-04-10
You probably have had it. They did tests on people in Iceland too ( the country!) and found that 50% of people with the virus were asymptomatic

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/iceland-finds-that-half-its-citizens-with-coronavirus-have-shown-no-symptoms-2020-04-10

This was back in December though, so I could have been patient zero LOL (kidding). Yeah possibly, I get a cold quite frequently in December but rarely a sore throat, so one this bad was really surprising. Like you said, it could have been COVID-19.

Yeah, I saw that! This is why an antibody test is so important to getting back to some form of normality this summer. Btw, if you have time read that link I posted. It is a really interesting read.
(edited 4 years ago)

That literally doesn't make any sense.
Original post by Bang Outta Order
That literally doesn't make any sense.

In what way - I agree the sentence construction is rather poor.

People in their 20s and 30s who don't live with the vulnerable should go back to work. The chances of them getting it are slim - and we need to get the economy started again. This idea was suggested last week but it seems to have slipped under the radar.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending