The Student Room Group

Late UCAS Application or not?

Yes I know it’s my own fault, but I left it until the last minute to finally put through my application. I didn’t realise they would ask for payment at the end and had to go and find my card.

I think it went through at 18:00 on the 31st, but it may have been 18:01. Now I’m panicking of course. I did get the email this morning saying it’s been sent off to the unis, just wish they would say if it’s flagged late or not?
Reply 1
If you’re at school, your ucas usually gets sent to your school first before it gets sent to your university.

I think it’s best to contact your universities and ask them directly, but from what I know, sending it VIA your school’s buzzword requires you to actually send it earlier than the 31st (so they can authorise and check it etc).

If you are still in school and sent it only yesterday, then unfortunately your school would not have sent your application at 18:00 on the dot. Please contact your universities as only they can give you their final verdict.
Reply 2
Original post by amanda23
If you’re at school, your ucas usually gets sent to your school first before it gets sent to your university.

I think it’s best to contact your universities and ask them directly, but from what I know, sending it VIA your school’s buzzword requires you to actually send it earlier than the 31st (so they can authorise and check it etc).

If you are still in school and sent it only yesterday, then unfortunately your school would not have sent your application at 18:00 on the dot. Please contact your universities as only they can give you their final verdict.

Oh thanks for the info, I’m not at school (mature student apparently).
Reply 3
Original post by Macjonald
Oh thanks for the info, I’m not at school (mature student apparently).

That’s good news, and perhaps you may have dodged a bullet. I can’t say for certain though because the deadline was at 6PM. Only thing I can strongly suggest is speak to your unis ASAP and explain the situation.
Reply 4
Original post by amanda23
That’s good news, and perhaps you may have dodged a bullet. I can’t say for certain though because the deadline was at 6PM. Only thing I can strongly suggest is speak to your unis ASAP and explain the situation.

Okay, appreciate the advice 😊
Reply 5
Okay, appreciate the advice 😊

Np :smile: wishing you the best
(edited 2 months ago)
Just call UCAS and ask whether the application has been flagged as 'on-time' or not. There is usually a little bit of leeway.
Reply 7
Original post by Admit-One
Just call UCAS and ask whether the application has been flagged as 'on-time' or not. There is usually a little bit of leeway.

Okay, I’ll give that a go thanks. I did see something here about leeway if you’re in the process of submitting on the website when it hits 6pm. Just wondering where that info comes from?
Okay, I’ll give that a go thanks. I did see something here about leeway if you’re in the process of submitting on the website when it hits 6pm. Just wondering where that info comes from?

It's not official but from years of experience in admissions I know that UCAS rarely, (if every) flag everything from 18:01 onwards as 'late'.
Reply 9
Original post by Admit-One
It's not official but from years of experience in admissions I know that UCAS rarely, (if every) flag everything from 18:01 onwards as 'late'.

Okay thanks, that makes me feel a bit better. I’ll call them after I finish work!
Reply 10
Update! It wasn’t marked late thank goodness!!! Thanks for the advice everyone 😊
Update! It wasn’t marked late thank goodness!!! Thanks for the advice everyone 😊

Glad to hear and best of luck with the app.

Great news!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending