The Student Room Group

Omegle Nightmare!

Hi guys, I am in huge need of assurance right now.

I got really bored last night and decided to go one Omegle. This is very out of character for me as I normally hate things like this. Anyway, I was talking to this guy and I sort of half lied and half told the truth. I told him my name and where I was from, but I told him I was a uni student and older then I actually am. We talked for ages and he seemed nice, not creepy. We stopped talking after about an hour and we did not exchange any social media or super personal info.

Now I feel as though I've manipulated him and that I'm an awful person. He seemed to really like this fake persona I created and I feel awful as I can't imagine how he would feel if he knew he was talking to a teenager. Am I a bad person? Am I overreacting slightly? I don't want to end up being sued or anything for it and I definitely don't want to never get a job because I lied about my identity. Could I be in trouble with the law? Any guidance, reassurance or opinions are welcome, I'm so stressed!
We disconnected ages ago, he has no way of contacting me.
I don't know why I think I would get sued, maybe for like lying about my identity? I'm a bit of an overthinker if you can't already tell lol. I guess I just feel guilty for tricking a person like that as that's so not like me.
Thanks, I really appreciate the answer!
Thank you so much... I've been working myself up about it :h:
Original post by IreneAdler221
Hi guys, I am in huge need of assurance right now.

I got really bored last night and decided to go one Omegle. This is very out of character for me as I normally hate things like this. Anyway, I was talking to this guy and I sort of half lied and half told the truth. I told him my name and where I was from, but I told him I was a uni student and older then I actually am. We talked for ages and he seemed nice, not creepy. We stopped talking after about an hour and we did not exchange any social media or super personal info.

Now I feel as though I've manipulated him and that I'm an awful person. He seemed to really like this fake persona I created and I feel awful as I can't imagine how he would feel if he knew he was talking to a teenager. Am I a bad person? Am I overreacting slightly? I don't want to end up being sued or anything for it and I definitely don't want to never get a job because I lied about my identity. Could I be in trouble with the law? Any guidance, reassurance or opinions are welcome, I'm so stressed!

If he doesn't have any of your details then you're absolutely fine! No need to stress! :smile:
You're over-reacting. I used to worry about things like this when I was younger. There's literally nothing you can do and no, it's not illegal to lie about your age.

Don't worry about it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending