The Student Room Group

Deferring

Hey guys, just wondering how many of you already have or will defer your place at uni this coming September because of the corona virus?
Saw multiple articles about it happening

Say your uni and what you’re planning on doing and why just to keep it interesting

I’m not deferring, mainly because I hope it will be fine by then and I can’t really take another gap year
Warwick
Im not planning on deferring as i want to get on with my course and i don’t want a virus to mess up my plans.

I am remaining positive and hope to start in September as thats all i can do, i have heard of a lot of people wanting to defer if this all goes wrong due to not being able to have a Freshers week if it gets cancelled.

I am planning on doing Bsc Building Surveying at BCU

Hope it all goes well for you!
I’m not deferring my place as I don’t want to be 20 when starting uni. I’m high risk so obviously worried about uni with corona as freshers flu was already an issue. But everyone’s in the same boat I guess. Like it’s not like some people will have freshers and others won’t. And also I don’t really mind the whole online thing (don’t kill me). I have a few chronic illnesses so I’m quite used to working from home. My sister goes to the same uni and says she thinks the first term will be online.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending