The Student Room Group

Student Finance England Loan not paid

Hello, I was wondering if anyone has had any problems this year with SFE. I applied almost A YEAR AGO and I sent all my documents months ago. When I've called them, they've told me that they have everything and I just have to wait... Apparently they still have to confirm my National Insurance number, they have to validate it. My university is pressuring me into calling them and sorting this out, cause obviously it's the end of the term and they haven't received anything. And this has nothing to do with the current COVID situation as it's been going on for MONTHS. This is my first time applying and it's for the Advanced Learner Loan. I'd love to know if anyone is going through the same thing
Original post by Alidelpi
Hello, I was wondering if anyone has had any problems this year with SFE. I applied almost A YEAR AGO and I sent all my documents months ago. When I've called them, they've told me that they have everything and I just have to wait... Apparently they still have to confirm my National Insurance number, they have to validate it. My university is pressuring me into calling them and sorting this out, cause obviously it's the end of the term and they haven't received anything. And this has nothing to do with the current COVID situation as it's been going on for MONTHS. This is my first time applying and it's for the Advanced Learner Loan. I'd love to know if anyone is going through the same thing

You will just have to keep at them and confirm that you have done everything you can, then show your uni that communication from ALL.
You can also get them to explain why its taken so long and when they will make a decision.
Show your uni the confirmation of your NI number i.e when you received it or official documentation where its stated.
Sounds as though theres more to this.
Reply 2
Thank you, yes I've been contacting my uni telling them that I have done everything I can. I suppose that I have to keep insisting to both my uni and sfe and show both of them evidence. :s-smilie:
Thanks again :smile::smile::smile:

Original post by 999tigger
You will just have to keep at them and confirm that you have done everything you can, then show your uni that communication from ALL.
You can also get them to explain why its taken so long and when they will make a decision.
Show your uni the confirmation of your NI number i.e when you received it or official documentation where its stated.
Sounds as though theres more to this.
Reply 3
Original post by Alidelpi

Hi,
Did you get yours resolved? I’m now in the same boat kind of. Submitted all documents. Waiting for “validation” of what I don’t know. It’s taken a month now and no confirmation yet. Should I raise a complaint?
Reply 4
Original post by Ugodiya
Hi,
Did you get yours resolved? I’m now in the same boat kind of. Submitted all documents. Waiting for “validation” of what I don’t know. It’s taken a month now and no confirmation yet. Should I raise a complaint?

After insisting a lot, I got this letter that confirmed my loan. But I still cannot view the application on the main page in my profile online. I can only see the letter where it says "letters and communications"

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending