The Student Room Group

Masters funding

I just have a few quick questions about masters funding:
1. if I go to study a course in Wales, and then will be living in Wales, am I eligible to receive student finance Wales loan?
2. Do you receive the masters loan in instalments or one lump sum?
3. Do you pay your tuition fees in instalments or one lump sum?
Hi there,

If you live in England and are moving to Wales just for the purpose of study then you would apply to Student Finance England. If you get approved for the Postgraduate Loan we will pay what is called a Contribution Loan and if the course is for 1 year it would be paid in 3 instalments. We do not pay a Tuition Fee Loan and most students will use the Contribution Loan to pay for the fees.

Thanks, Drew

Quick Reply