The Student Room Group

Applying for student loan after already receiving student loan

I previously started a master course and applied for the relevant student finance. I had to drop out of the course almost immediately due to personal issues and was already paid the first instalment of student loan. I have paid a lump sum back and paying the rest back as I earn over the threshold.
My question is: can I apply for student finance again once the first loan is paid off? (For the record I am in England will be attending an English university)
Hi there,

So you want to apply for another Postgraduate Course? Did your university withdraw you from your previous course and did you have an overpayment or are just in normal repayment? Can you confirm when the new course would start, what university you will attend, the name of the course and how many years does the course will last? When you left the previous course what was your Compelling Personal Reasons?

Thanks, Drew
Reply 2
Original post by Drew SLC
Hi there,
So you want to apply for another Postgraduate Course? Did your university withdraw you from your previous course and did you have an overpayment or are just in normal repayment? Can you confirm when the new course would start, what university you will attend, the name of the course and how many years does the course will last? When you left the previous course what was your Compelling Personal Reasons?
Thanks, Drew

Hi!
Yes, I am wanting to apply for another postgraduate course.
I earn over the threshold, so paying in normal payments (this has recently changed to DD as I do not have much left to pay off)
The course will be through the Univerisity of Law (LLM) and due to start sep 2024, this will be 2 years part time.
I left for personal issues and I did not specify initially (due to anxiety and stress)
Original post by Hesmith
Hi!
Yes, I am wanting to apply for another postgraduate course.
I earn over the threshold, so paying in normal payments (this has recently changed to DD as I do not have much left to pay off)
The course will be through the Univerisity of Law (LLM) and due to start sep 2024, this will be 2 years part time.
I left for personal issues and I did not specify initially (due to anxiety and stress)

Hi there,

Thanks, yes - if you had Compelling Personal Reasons (CPR) for not completing your previous course you can apply for another Masters Loan.

To do this you should apply when the applications open this Summer (we don't have an exact date yet).

We'll also need to see some evidence of your CPR, which you can include with your application. Please see here for more details.

Thanks, Graeme

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/going-back-to-uni-or-repeating-a-year

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending