The Student Room Group

Going to a new Sixth Form with nobody I know...

I'm leaving my secondary school and going to a distant sixth form. I know absolutely nobody going there and with this entire Coronavirus situation, it's unlikely that I'll get a chance to introduce myself - whilst all the other students chat online because they're moving up from year 11.

I feel like I'm going to be an outcast and be alone throughout sixth form.
Reply 1
hiya, don’t worry about any of this for now! just concentrate on revising & improving your learning in time to move up to sixth form! i also went to a completely different sixth form not knowing anyone and made friends straight away! as long as you have a bit of confidence, you’ll easily make friends. everyone is in the same boat trying to do their best at a levels and it will be a struggle! there is much to relate to other students & it’s an easy conversation starter when you’re all doing the same subjects & are at the same inbetween stage of life!! i’ve just finished year 13 and i’ve got so many new friends and have learned so many life lessons just from those 2 years. if anything, going to a new sixth form & being forced to put the effort in to make friends will teach you crucial things you’ll need to learn for when it comes to getting a job, even then you’ll need to reach out to people you won’t have spoken to before. i’m sure you’ll make new friends as soon as you arrive and it’ll all be fine, worry about the present not the future :smile: hope this helps ....

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending