The Student Room Group

How to make more friends at uni during the lockdown?

Hi, so I'm going into second year of uni and I'm really close to all my flatmates and another flat, and I have a couple of friends on my course but I'd really like to make some more friends outside of the pretty solid friendship group I have. So is there any way to try and find people at my uni to talk to over the summer? I'm not sure how to go about it at all as most people already have their friends, or should I just wait until I'm back and join a couple of societies?
Group chats, Facebook or societies are your best option. Maybe adding other students on social media and talking to them is another option (if you two have an interest)
Original post by Anonymous
Hi, so I'm going into second year of uni and I'm really close to all my flatmates and another flat, and I have a couple of friends on my course but I'd really like to make some more friends outside of the pretty solid friendship group I have. So is there any way to try and find people at my uni to talk to over the summer? I'm not sure how to go about it at all as most people already have their friends, or should I just wait until I'm back and join a couple of societies?

Hi there,

I am Millie, a final year Business & Marketing student. I've found it really good to join facebook groups for societies to meet new people (especially if it's a society you may be interested in joining the next year) because then when it comes to the following uni year, you already know who these people are :smile:

Hope this helps,

Millie
Original post by Anonymous

Hi there!

Does your university have social media groups? You could get to know more people on your course or outside your course through a potential facebook group. Also try getting in touch with your student union and see if they have any social networking for you to get involved with?

During a lockdown it is difficult to get involved with others, but technology and social media is a great way of connecting. Try LinkedIn, find people from your university.

Hope this helps!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending