The Student Room Group

Question about student finance/bank account

Hello!

i still need to fill in the application for my student loan and i need to be quick about it, i wanted to know if i absolutely need to provide a student bank or if can give details of another bank account in my name (not a student one) instead and then change it later?

it would be from a completely different bank, so it's not a switch from a current account to a student one..

i am looking at my options like santander, barclays , i already got my unconditional offer confirmed, student number etc but they ask you for a proof of uk adress and i don't have one yet.. so i cant give accomodation details...and once you register online you need to pop in a branch to finalize the application and with the current covid situation i don't know when that will be possible ..

Many thanks everyone!
You can use your current bank account and then when you open your student bank account, you can change the details via Student Finance without any problems.
Hi there, you can always change your bank account and it’ll be okay.
Reply 3
Original post by ericl3ung
You can use your current bank account and then when you open your student bank account, you can change the details via Student Finance without any problems.

Original post by Remedy758
Hi there, you can always change your bank account and it’ll be okay.

Hi! thanks so much to both of you!
if i send out my application tomorrow and then make a bank account in the next two weeks can change it trough website by editing my application details or i will have to wait for them to accept my application first? they say up to 6 weeks to process so..

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending