The Student Room Group

Maintenance Loan put into a closed account, help

I reapplied for student finance this year and was accepted, but the payment was due today and I didn't receive any money into my bank account. Thought that it was probably just late coming in so I didn't really question it because I distinctly remember updating my bank details when I was making my application.

(all sorted, I just rang the bank and they bounced the cheque back to student finance services).
(edited 3 months ago)
Your money can't be paid into a closed bank account so it will be returned to SFE. Log in to your SFE account during office hours and use the live chat function to connect with an adviser.
Original post by normaw
Your money can't be paid into a closed bank account so it will be returned to SFE. Log in to your SFE account during office hours and use the live chat function to connect with an adviser.

what can maintenance loan be used for if you dont live in an accom?
Original post by cherryhitchkins
what can maintenance loan be used for if you dont live in an accom?

Food, travel, books/equipment, entertainment, saving for a mortgage deposit. Basically anything - it's your money to do what you like with it. Nobody checks what you spend it on. :smile:
Original post by normaw
Food, travel, books/equipment, entertainment, saving for a mortgage deposit. Basically anything - it's your money to do what you like with it. Nobody checks what you spend it on. :smile:

Oh okay tysmmmm
I was worried I would get told off for using anything other than book food and transport

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending