The Student Room Group

Greene's Tutorial College: Private Candidate Resit Students

Hi guys
Are there any private resit candidates out there who are resitting through greene's
If so do any of you know if they are gonna do an online mock or something?
(edited 3 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi, yes they said an online mock (1 per subject is what I've been told) sometime in May/early June.
They will reach out to you soon asking for you to send them tutor contact details and work done this year. And they said they can arrange tutorials if you need help collating evidence.
Hope this answers your question. PM me if you find out more etc
Original post by 4M1R4
Hi, yes they said an online mock (1 per subject is what I've been told) sometime in May/early June.
They will reach out to you soon asking for you to send them tutor contact details and work done this year. And they said they can arrange tutorials if you need help collating evidence.

I was told 3 mocks per subject? one mock makes it slightly more scarier lol
Reply 3
Original post by sendnukes

hey, do you know when your exams will be?
Reply 4

What subjects and boards are you doing?
Reply 5
Original post by 4M1R4

Hey so have you sent in the evidence? If so how long did it take you and how much did you have to send in? Thankss
Reply 6
Original post by Rxmi01
Hey so have you sent in the evidence? If so how long did it take you and how much did you have to send in? Thankss

hi, I'm sorry for slow after replies, planning to send everything off tomorrow. I don't have a lot to send in😢 just mocks, notes, assignments
Reply 7
Original post by Rxmi01
Ah right do you have a tutor are they giving you one? I hope they don't charge extra because so frustrating!

I don't have a tutor 😢😢
They've not assigned me one but they might
they've said to me £250- £450 per subject for the assessments and mocks
And I agree they're definitely taking advantage of the situation
Reply 8
Original post by 4M1R4
I don't have a tutor 😢😢
They've not assigned me one but they might
they've said to me £250- £450 per subject for the assessments and mocks
And I agree they're definitely taking advantage of the situation

have you been told an exact date for your mock?
Reply 9
Original post by 123xyz123
have you been told an exact date for your mock?

no, i've not been told anything new, just told to wait basically
Guys i might apply but I litterally have no evidence, only notes because i was planning to do past papers closer to the exam but stopped due to corona. Is it worth me applying because all together its gonna cost £2.2k
Original post by Ace-this-test
Guys i might apply but I litterally have no evidence, only notes because i was planning to do past papers closer to the exam but stopped due to corona. Is it worth me applying because all together its gonna cost £2.2k

£2.2k!!! That's ridiculous. Honestly, i'm lowkey regretting getting myself into this mess and wouldn't recommend you do the same unless you absolutely need to go to uni this year and you're confident you're getting the grades with the evidence you do have (so 1 grade above, not too far off if that makes sense). They've released the edexcel timetable for international a levels (without any concrete dates but a step in the right direction). So i would revise for the autumn series and get past papers done. But on the other hand, if you want to give this a shot and if money isn't really a problem then I'd say go for it because they said they'll arrange for a tutor to assess you and get high confidence evidence. (personally i had to turn to mum and dad to bail me out bc i don't have a cent to my name :colondollar:)
Reply 12
Original post by 4M1R4
£2.2k!!! That's ridiculous. Honestly, i'm lowkey regretting getting myself into this mess and wouldn't recommend you do the same unless you absolutely need to go to uni this year and you're confident you're getting the grades with the evidence you do have (so 1 grade above, not too far off if that makes sense). They've released the edexcel timetable for international a levels (without any concrete dates but a step in the right direction). So i would revise for the autumn series and get past papers done. But on the other hand, if you want to give this a shot and if money isn't really a problem then I'd say go for it because they said they'll arrange for a tutor to assess you and get high confidence evidence. (personally i had to turn to mum and dad to bail me out bc i don't have a cent to my name :colondollar:)

I've never really understood what it means by high confidence evidence. Does it mean the quality of your revision notes is high? Or is it that you have enough notes for them to consider you?
This whole evidence thing is confusing to me.
And me too, my parents paid hehe
Original post by Rxmi01
I've never really understood what it means by high confidence evidence. Does it mean the quality of your revision notes is high? Or is it that you have enough notes for them to consider you?
This whole evidence thing is confusing to me.
And me too, my parents paid hehe

JCQ has released a sheet as to what they mean here ----> http://www.jcq.org.uk/media-centre/news-releases/jcq-publishes-supplementary-information-on-validation-of-evidence

But in General they need to know if you have covered the whole spec and to what level you have covered it.
If you have notes that fully go through the spec then that helps. But the main indication of you covering the spec is based on scored work - homework, assignments but mainly test papers/mocks.
In a logical sense, a person who got a C in a test paper which may be 60% (this is just a general example), has only understood 60% of the spec hence why they only got 60% of the questions right. Hence why test papers/mocks are a high confidence indicator as it has a clear correlation to your understanding of the spec and its contents.
Original post by Rxmi01
Ahh I see. But how would that apply to private candidates who taught themselves this year? As they didn't do mocks and stuff marked by someone else

I have been doing past papers and stuff but I just went through and marked myself😥

That's the issue, some private candidates have had a centre or qualified tutor give them tests and mocks over the year; but the majority of private candidates have been self-teaching. That's why most of the centres that private candidates are transferring to are asking students to sit tests, and use the results as a heavy indication as to the results the student would've got this summer. In my opinion it's very unfair since nearly all students stopped revising we were told exams were cancelled, and using this as a heavy indicator is quite disadvantageous compared to other students in school; but in their defence, this is the only way to assess a student and be sure they get a grade that the centre is confident to give them.
Reply 15
Original post by hckerman18
That's the issue, some private candidates have had a centre or qualified tutor give them tests and mocks over the year; but the majority of private candidates have been self-teaching. That's why most of the centres that private candidates are transferring to are asking students to sit tests, and use the results as a heavy indication as to the results the student would've got this summer. In my opinion it's very unfair since nearly all students stopped revising we were told exams were cancelled, and using this as a heavy indicator is quite disadvantageous compared to other students in school; but in their defence, this is the only way to assess a student and be sure they get a grade that the centre is confident to give them.

Yeah! Honestly when it was announced that exams were cancelled I dropped my pen and highlighter and didn't revise since.
Fair enough it's their only way to assess a student but they won't even say when, how many and what the papers will be:frown:
omg pls can I message you
Original post by 123xyz123
Hi guys
Are there any private resit candidates out there who are resitting through greene's
If so do any of you know if they are gonna do an online mock or something?

Hey I am, pm me!
Hello has anyone heard anything back from Greene’s about mocks?
Reply 19
Hello has anyone heard anything back from Greene’s about mocks?

Nope, but I haven't sent them my written work yet so maybe that's why?

Quick Reply

Latest