The Student Room Group

Greene's Tutorial College: Private Candidate Resit Students

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by Szuizseannae
"As Greene’s does not have a previous relationship with you as a transfer candidate, it is incumbent upon us to ensure that the grades we put forward to the examination boards are accurate and have been reached through objective assessments. This can only be done in tutorials with our own tutors, so that we can ensure all students receive fair and equal judgements of their attainment."

If they're giving everyone tutorials anyway then whats the point of stressing out all of your students with mocks? Whats the point of having another tutor's assessment sent through if they're disregarding it anyway?? Now students who already payed money for tutors have to pay more, no exceptions? How tf is this "fair?"

ˢᵒᵘⁿᵈˢ ˡⁱᵏᵉ ᵉˣᵗᵒʳᵗⁱᵒⁿ. . .

Literallyyyyy AND their gonna be taking place at the same time. Well not the same time but with the mocks
Original post by Szuizseannae
"As Greene’s does not have a previous relationship with you as a transfer candidate, it is incumbent upon us to ensure that the grades we put forward to the examination boards are accurate and have been reached through objective assessments. This can only be done in tutorials with our own tutors, so that we can ensure all students receive fair and equal judgements of their attainment."

If they're giving everyone tutorials anyway then whats the point of stressing out all of your students with mocks? Whats the point of having another tutor's assessment sent through if they're disregarding it anyway?? Now students who already payed money for tutors have to pay more, no exceptions? How tf is this "fair?"

ˢᵒᵘⁿᵈˢ ˡⁱᵏᵉ ᵉˣᵗᵒʳᵗⁱᵒⁿ. . .

I swear this can only be done for like science subjects and things like that
Reply 62
Original post by babyboo28
they can't give us the 2020 summer papers I swear, that's not fair

I don't think they will because if they did, someone who's sat it now could just tell someone else who's sitting the autumn ones everything that's on them so we won't do the 2020 ones
Original post by Rxmi01
I don't think they will because if they did, someone who's sat it now could just tell someone else who's sitting the autumn ones everything that's on them so we won't do the 2020 ones

that's what I thought yesterday but this email seems like they mean those exams and they could maybe ask us to sign a paper of confidentiality to not share the questions?
Reply 64
that's what I thought yesterday but this email seems like they mean those exams and they could maybe ask us to sign a paper of confidentiality to not share the questions?

Doubt it, because say we did do the summer 2020 ones now, and we don't get the grade we want so we decide to do the autumn exams, we would have an advantage as we sat the same papers now ygm?
So they can't really
Original post by Rxmi01
Doubt it, because say we did do the summer 2020 ones now, and we don't get the grade we want so we decide to do the autumn exams, we would have an advantage as we sat the same papers now ygm?
So they can't really

But we sat the 2019 summer papers and if they were gna use those ones for these mocks, we would've been advantaged in the first place
I know it will be the 2020 exam because for English my third paper changes topic each year, so they will give me the one for that topic, but this is ridiculous
Original post by Rxmi01
So they can't really

Yeah the won’t, I’ll be super shocked if they do but basically they are gonna use these summer papers for the autumn exams to save the exam boards A LOT of money by reducing printing costs etc of brand new papers.
Reply 68
I know it will be the 2020 exam because for English my third paper changes topic each year, so they will give me the one for that topic, but this is ridiculous

If not the 2019 ones, then they'll make them. It can't be the 2020 ones omg I'm scared now
Original post by Rxmi01
If not the 2019 ones, then they'll make them. It can't be the 2020 ones omg I'm scared now

Im so scared man, I have a feeling they are
Reply 70
Im so scared man, I have a feeling they are

It won't be
Original post by Rxmi01
It won't be

how u know
I believe they meant we will be sitting the same number of exams like we would have, had we gone ahead with exams. However it wouldn't hurt to ask them.

Check the government info in the link below :It states for Q12 "Exam boards will not be issuing papers for this summer’s GCSE, AS and A levels so there will not be the opportunity to sit them at any centre."

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-cancellation-of-gcses-as-and-a-levels-in-2020/coronavirus-covid-19-cancellation-of-gcses-as-and-a-levels-in-2020#can-private-centres-run-gcses-as-levels-or-a-levels-if-they-choose-to-do-so

Albeit it is the first batch of information we originally received, and a lot of the original information regarding exams has changed. This is the only place I see the government or Ofqual stating if the official papers will be given to any candidate.

If it is the actual assessment for the 2020 papers then A) we are slightly screwed and B) it means that they are the only centre out of all the other centres providing grades that Edexcel, Pearson and the Government have given permission to give to private candidates. Which is extremely unlikely.
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by hckerman18
I believe they meant we will be sitting the same number of exams like we would have, had we gone ahead with exams. However it wouldn't hurt to ask them.

Check the government info in the link below :It states for Q12 "Exam boards will not be issuing papers for this summer’s GCSE, AS and A levels so there will not be the opportunity to sit them at any centre."

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-cancellation-of-gcses-as-and-a-levels-in-2020/coronavirus-covid-19-cancellation-of-gcses-as-and-a-levels-in-2020#can-private-centres-run-gcses-as-levels-or-a-levels-if-they-choose-to-do-so

Albeit it is the first batch of information we originally received, and a lot of the original information regarding exams has changed. This is the only place I see the government or Ofqual stating if the official papers will be given to any candidate.

If it is the actual assessment for the 2020 papers then A) we a slightly screwed and B) it means that they are the only centre out of the other centres providing grades that Edexcel, Pearson and the Government have given permission to give to private candidates. Which is extremely unlikely.

if they aren't the 2020 ones they will make their own then, meaning we'e just as screwed
if they aren't the 2020 ones they will make their own then, meaning we'e just as screwed

Lool let's just admit it... we were screwed the minute we became private candidates
Lool let's just admit it... we were screwed the minute we became private candidates

true, worse since we stopped revising
Reply 76

LOOL that made me laugh
how many grades u guys need to move up?
anyone have any mocks in their timetable yet? i am ****ting ****ing bricks fam. i am SO UNDERPREPARED
Original post by sendnukes
anyone have any mocks in their timetable yet? i am ****ting ****ing bricks fam. i am SO UNDERPREPARED

I've never been so unprepared either

Quick Reply

Latest