The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Yeh i know. Defo not a people person. Horrible man:grin:
Original post by Anonymous
Did you go anywhere without them? 😂😊

Yes, if you count 3 steps outside the front door to get something out of my car, and if you count going upstairs :tongue:
Otherwise, no
Original post by amy14081263
Defo. It's a nasty and insensitive remark from a horrible person (almost certainly a man)! :rolleyes:

I wonder what he has against people just wanting to be comfortable? It's perfectly natural if your feet are hot to remove your shoes, even if they're a bit stinky! Personally, I like seeing people relaxing and feeling chilled, and going barefoot is part of that, so as far as I'm concerned, FREE THOSE FEET PEOPLE, lol!:biggrin:

PRSOM
Original post by Appirition
PRSOM

What's that?
Please Rep Some Other Member
What's that?

It's what people put when they want to give rep to someone's post but the website won't let them because they've already given rep to that person recently.
The message pops up in a red bar across the top of the screen if you're using a browser. It literally says "Please Rate Some Other Member..........." hence the PRSOM
Original post by Supernova36
People who take their shoes off in public knock me a bit sick

Spoiler

Sitting cross legged on a chair with shoes on is much worse
Yeh exactly!
No, I always kept mine on .. and I used to hate it when we had to do PE barefoot. I don't know why, but I've always been really self conscious about my feet, and even now I will always wear slippers, or at least socks, in the house.
Original post by amy14081263
Defo. It's a nasty and insensitive remark from a horrible person (almost certainly a man)! :rolleyes:

I wonder what he has against people just wanting to be comfortable? It's perfectly natural if your feet are hot to remove your shoes, even if they're a bit stinky! Personally, I like seeing people relaxing and feeling chilled, and going barefoot is part of that, so as far as I'm concerned, FREE THOSE FEET PEOPLE, lol!:biggrin:

Agreed! And bare feet are generally so beautiful and nice to look at - just a glimpse of a woman's feet is enough to make me weak in the knees. :redface:
I do all the time, sometimes in drama it's compulsory.
I took my socks off too once in PE in the summer, it was great :smile:

i know one of my history teacher takes off his shoes when he walks around the classroom and is talking - i think he is fond of his classroom
Original post by black tea
Sitting cross legged on a chair with shoes on is much worse

Yeah but why all the animosity for sitting cross legged anyway
🙄
Original post by Thisplace
Yeah but why all the animosity for sitting cross legged anyway
🙄

Dunno, I have no problem with it
Yes in 6th form as it was carpet.
Original post by glodigit
Yes in 6th form as it was carpet.

Cool :smile:
Why not other years was the floor different?
It's not something that I did at school, and I don't recall anyone else doing this either. The only time we had bare feet was for swimming, or for showering after PE.
Original post by barnetlad
It's not something that I did at school, and I don't recall anyone else doing this either. The only time we had bare feet was for swimming, or for showering after PE.

you had showers at school?
I walked up to the teacher once barefoot to collect my coursework. Ended up passing the module with 90%.

So appearances can be deceiving. Results speak for themselves.
Original post by NonIndigenous
I walked up to the teacher once barefoot to collect my coursework. Ended up passing the module with 90%.

So appearances can be deceiving. Results speak for themselves.

Well done!
Why were you barefoot in the first place?
Reply 59
I used to take my shoes and socks off on the school field in the summer because I liked the feeling of walking through the grass.

Latest

Trending

Trending