The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

st andrews v. ucl comparative literature

Looking for advice! I've been torn between the two choices ever since I received the offers ;-;

I like how St Andrews has a more flexible degree structure- I would like to take courses out of my degree and possibly switch degree, I'm not sure if that's possible at UCL?
Also as an international student, UCL is better known in where I come from and I don't think I'm going to stay in Scotland after university, is Saint Andrews considered prestigious in England?
As for teaching quality, how would the two compare? I've heard that UCL is more stem-orientated and is more focused on postgrads.
you've clearly done some research so i won't tell you what you probably already know

i don't go to ucl or st andrews but ucl has a silver TEF, as does my uni, and i can say its not great but neither is it especially bad. if st andrews has a gold TEF, it'll probably feel a little better taught (that's an opinion)

both are on a similar level of prestige as the common oxbridge reject unis

st andrews is a nice town; generally more pleasant and cheaper than london

and, again an opinion, i think st andrews does better for arts subjects like yours than ucl (although that won't mean ucl is 'stem/postgrad orientated')
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending