The Student Room Group

All lives matter

I think that the all lives matter movement was just created to take away the fact that black people go through a lot. ALM was created after BLM. Soo it’s just pushing the white supremacy agenda. People that support BLM do not hate white people we are just fighting for justice. What I realised talking to a lot white people last week is that they’re not educated about what BLM is lots of white people i spoke to said “I’m not educated but black people do..” they continued to list all the things black people done which is bad. It’s not BLACK vs WHITE. It’s BLACK vs RACIST. There was many evidence that most of the white people and under cover cops were looting and breaking stuff but when it came to them it was “they was just upset” but when it came to black people we was labelled as “thugs”, “monkeys”, “animals”. What I want people to realise is that we don’t hate white people we just had enough of being treated like scum.C4D05084-BE3F-4759-90FA-3A74FD418597.jpg.jpeg 91E2D423-55BB-40FA-A969-2C8D77073747.jpg.jpeg006EB67D-FF5E-49AC-8DD7-7304C8E22E69.jpg.jpeg

Scroll to see replies

I'm starting to believe this really has gone OTT now. Why the is the UK and France getting involved despite having nothing to do with this.
Original post by Other_Owl
I'm starting to believe this really has gone OTT now. Why the is the UK and France getting involved despite having nothing to do with this.

how do you mean
like protesting or ????????
Reply 3
Original post by Other_Owl

Because this is not just about George Floyd it’s fighting for justice everywhere.
Original post by learner38
Because this is not just about George Floyd it’s fighting for justice everywhere.

thats right
we been silenced for way too long #
its was just that the George Floyds murder was the last straw
now we ain't never gonna stop till we get equal rights no matter how long that takes
The Dylann Roof comparison is frankly ridiculous, he didn't resist so no force was used. George Floyd did resist so force was used.

Then it should be #EndRacism, as everyone experiences racism.

Think about it this way, white people in Africa are racially discriminated against and killed for being white, but there's still racism against black people in Africa. Africa is a majority black population.

Black people in America are racially discriminated against on a larger scale than white people, however America is a majority white country.

The point is if you're a minority in a country you're more likely to experience racism. This isn't just a black issue, this is all races, across all countries.
i really hope so tooo

#blackout Tuesday
It will be interesting to see what happens. Remember 'Be Kind' from a few months ago?
Original post by DiddyDec
The Dylann Roof comparison is frankly ridiculous, he didn't resist so no force was used. George Floyd did resist so force was used.

im unsure to which video you watched but george floyd DID NOT resist
and even if he did resist (WHICH HE DIDNT)
why is the force that was used killed him and
if you resist is it that the police should put their knee into your neck ???????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Original post by --Student
Then it should be #EndRacism, as everyone experiences racism.

Think about it this way, white people in Africa are racially discriminated against and killed for being white, but there's still racism against black people in Africa. Africa is a majority black population.

Black people in America are racially discriminated against on a larger scale than white people, however America is a majority white country.

The point is if you're a minority in a country you're more likely to experience racism. This isn't just a black issue, this is all races.

First of all white people came to Africa to destroy it and take over it. So please excuse their anger for a sec please show me an examples of this like names off the top of your head. It’s called BLM because black people go through more than just racial discrimination it’s wayyyy deeper. Black people are also discriminated by ethnic minorities aswell we are fighting for our cause other ethnic minorities can do their own movement we will support but we are focusing on our problems.
Original post by aminah_101
im unsure to which video you watched but george floyd DID NOT resist
and even if he did resist (WHICH HE DIDNT)
why is the force that was used killed him and
if you resist is it that the police should put their knee into your neck ???????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is the most comprehensive video I have seen.

https://www.nytimes.com/video/us/100000007159353/george-floyd-arrest-death-video.html

Floyd refused to get in the police vehicle.

I am talking about facts not speculation or what transpired after.

https://www.nytimes.com/video/us/100000007159353/george-floyd-arrest-death-video.html

They also beat him before arresting him but no one saw that people are just making excuses to justify why he should’ve died.

Well they took him to Burger King after he just killed 9 people you think they would do the same for an ethnic minority. Murder is murder he should’ve been taken to jail straight away.
They also beat him before arresting him but no one saw that people are just making excuses to justify why he should’ve died.

I think what happened is awful, I am just pointing that it is not a like for like comparision.

There is no evidence in the public domain that I am aware of that suggests the arresting officers were racist. Bad at their jobs? Yes.
There is no evidence in the public domain that I am aware of that suggests the arresting officers were racist. Bad at their jobs? Yes.

Well Chauvin also shot a Native American you can research there is public domain.
(edited 3 years ago)
Well they took him to Burger King after he just killed 9 people you think they would do the same for an ethnic minority. Murder is murder he should’ve been taken to jail straight away.

Another falsehood, they didn't take him to Burger King, they gave him a Burger King while in custody waiting to transport him to County. It would be a breach of human rights to deny him food while in custody which could jeopardize the prosecution.

facts also that he was innocent and they had no reason to arrest him and facts that they murdered him

Quick Reply

Latest