Facilities for engineering at Southampton University

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
Can anyone describe what the facilities available to undergraduate engineering students are like at the university.
Is there an area where you can use programmes and software on a desktop or do you have to download all of these. What are the study spaces like or quiet work spaces?
mnot
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Can anyone describe what the facilities available to undergraduate engineering students are like at the university.
Is there an area where you can use programmes and software on a desktop or do you have to download all of these. What are the study spaces like or quiet work spaces?
Never studied at Southampton but seen the engineering faculty.

Its decent it has everything you need, has workshops/labs etc.
There are unis with more facilities, there are unis with newer facilities but the standard is decent and well above average imo. They have one of the strongest engineering faculties in the UK and this is replicated in their resources.

Im sure they will have uni PCs with engineering software installed on it. TBH most students use laptops which can handle matlab and office no problem but are not always ideal for CAD or CAE. Im sure they will have lots of PCs for students to access this software in the engineering faculty & in a library.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (639)
33.47%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (806)
42.22%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (378)
19.8%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (86)
4.5%

Watched Threads