The Student Room Group

If I should drop out of sixth form

With this whole lockdown it’s got me thinking about a lot and I’m not sure whether doing a-levels was the right thing to chose as I’ve never really felt happy there, I’m not sure what to do
You have to stay in some form of education or apprenticeship till 18 - what would you do instead
Reply 2
Original post by ReadingMum
You have to stay in some form of education or apprenticeship till 18 - what would you do instead

I know that I want to do either work with charities or do something art related in the future, but I’ve read up on it and people say that it can be a hard career to get into. I was thinking about getting an apprenticeship at the funeral home or do college courses instead, but I’m still not 100% sure.
(edited 3 years ago)
Are you in Year 12 or have you not started your A-Levels yet?
Reply 4
If you've already started and you only have a year left I really would carry on. I just finished sixth form I nearly left after I finished year 12. My head of Year made me come into school to talk about it and I didn't end up going to college. It was probably one of the best decisions I made. Otherwise I would have gone to college and had to restart all of my courses and then basically do an extra year for no reason. If you really don't want to be there because your grades are looking a bit crazy just do proper research before you decide to leave. You don't want to leave and then regret it later on and not be able to go back.
Reply 5
Original post by AM.TSR
Are you in Year 12 or have you not started your A-Levels yet?

Im in year 12 at the moment
Reply 6
I have been worried about regretting it if I do choose to drop out. Depending on when we go back I might have a conversation with my head of year as well. Thank you for replying!
Original post by Edie123-
Im in year 12 at the moment

In my opinion, I'd try and push through it since you're already half way there and there's not too long left. You could always do an apprenticeship at a funeral home after your A-Levels, if that's what you're interested in. Just remember that you're probably not the only one who feels this way. Many people at my sixth form (including myself) considered leaving midway but we decided to stick with it and get it over and done with since a year had already been invested :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by AM.TSR
In my opinion, I'd try and push through it since you're already half way there and there's not too long left. You could always do an apprenticeship at a funeral home after your A-Levels, if that's what you're interested in. Just remember that you're probably not the only one who feels this way. Many people at my sixth form (including myself) considered leaving midway but we decided to stick with it and get it over and done with since a year had already been invested :smile:

Thank you! I don’t know whether it’s the lockdown making me overthink things so I may carry on as you’re right a year has already been invested 🙂
Original post by Edie123-
Thank you! I don’t know whether it’s the lockdown making me overthink things so I may carry on as you’re right a year has already been invested 🙂

You also should bear in mind that you will probably finish at Easter or shortly after and go on study leave till the exams so it is only 2 more terms really.

Quick Reply

Latest