The Student Room Group

How to use referencing in a blog?

Hi, Im an undergraduate student at Warwick, I am planning to star a blog on politics/economics, and I would like know what referencing if any, would be recommended. The first thing to say, is that I want a high quality blog, something worth putting in your CV, however, I am not planning to write University essays, I am planning to write articles. My University (as many I can imagine) uses the Harvard referencing style, I wonder if this would be as good for articles. Finally, Id like to ask what to reference, should I reference every statistic, so for example if I say, 15% of households like this, should I say after this something like (Statista, 2020) and then a full reference in the reference list? Thanks for your help.
Original post by LeonidK
Hi, Im an undergraduate student at Warwick, I am planning to star a blog on politics/economics, and I would like know what referencing if any, would be recommended. The first thing to say, is that I want a high quality blog, something worth putting in your CV, however, I am not planning to write University essays, I am planning to write articles. My University (as many I can imagine) uses the Harvard referencing style, I wonder if this would be as good for articles. Finally, Id like to ask what to reference, should I reference every statistic, so for example if I say, 15% of households like this, should I say after this something like (Statista, 2020) and then a full reference in the reference list? Thanks for your help.

Use whatever referencing style you like. As for referencing statistics, you should definitely do so, otherwise readers will question where you sourced your information from (and potentially makes you look untrustworthy as the author).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending