The Student Room Group

do you have to reference images in powerpoint?

i have a powerpoint assigment and i have put some pictures in it but im so confused on if you have to reference images and if you do how do you do it?
i was thinking a small caption under the image saying 'image taken from' and then the url link but i dont think thats right
(edited 4 months ago)
Reply 1
The short answer is that yes, you should, but it depends how finicky your assessor is as to whether or not they really pick up on it. IN terms of referencing an image your library or department ought to have a guide on the specifics.
Original post by ssnowcube
i have a powerpoint assigment so obviously i have put some pictures in it but im so confused on if you have to reference images and if you do how do you do it? i was thinking a small caption under the image saying 'image taken from' and then the url link but i dont think thats right cause its hella confusing me im contemplating just leaving it with no reference but idk

Hi!

As someone who studied English Lit, I am far too familiar with referencing! I would double check with your lecturer as it is better to be safe than sorry, you don't want to lose marks for not referencing! I would keep a bibliography just in case regardless, just so you can note down the references for your images just in case you do need them 🙂 good luck!

Ria
LJMU Student Rep
Hi there,

Yes I would always reference images that you use as you are using, or adapting someone else work. This is the same principle as applied to referencing in essays.

Malachy - University of Liverpool Student Rep
Reply 4
Original post by University of Liverpool Student Rep
Hi there,

Yes I would always reference images that you use as you are using, or adapting someone else work. This is the same principle as applied to referencing in essays.

Malachy - University of Liverpool Student Rep

how do you reference an image thats just from google search though? ive googled it and im getting different answers would just putting the url links be bad?
Reply 5
Original post by ssnowcube
how do you reference an image thats just from google search though? ive googled it and im getting different answers would just putting the url links be bad?

Go to the page it's from and reference it using that information. Something like this: https://library.bath.ac.uk/images

(though specifics vary from institution to institution and depending on which referencing style is mandated)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending