The Student Room Group

BTEC IT Level 3 Unit 6 Aim A Assignment

Hello guys I am currently doing an assignment where I have to compare two different websites. This includes their design, requirements, functionality etc. I am currently struggling to write this assignment up as I have no idea on how to structure it and I have no idea on what to write about. Can anyone offer any examples or resources to help? Btw I am doing YouTube and Amazon as my chosen websites
Reply 1
Hello,

To start, you have chosen very good websites of YouTube and Amazon.

When talking about the design of the websites you should talk about why the homepage of YouTube is laid out the way it is. An example of this could be that the videos' are laid out in a row of 4 or 5 so that the user has many different options to choose from. Also, talk about the subsections which it suggests. You could say the same for amazon in a sense, but do this as 2 paragraphs- 1 youtube, 1 amazon. You should then compare the designs of the pages- so say whats similar and what's differences. Also talk about the advantages or disadvantages.

When talking about the requirements of the website, you need to think about you personally. What do you need on YouTube, to be able to use the website, such as the search bar, and subtitles on the videos for people with impairments. When talking about Amazon, you may say about a requirement being the image of the product, or the price of the product being clearly displayed.

Finally, for the functionality, you need to talk about what makes the website function. This can include data analytics for the likes/dislike counter on youtube. The functionality could tie in to talking about the requirements, if you word it correctly.

Hoped this helped and good luck :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending