The Student Room Group

UCAS Reapplying

Hello. What I'm asking may be quite difficult to comprehend, so I'll go slowly 😂
So this year I applied to Ved Med. Next to this subject I've applied for 3 other subjects at the same university but for deferred entry, this as a different route into Vet Med, in case I didn't get accepted this year nor next year. My plan was to reapply to Ved Med in case I didn't get in. I didn't get in this year. Can I still apply again next year for subjects if I accept a deferred entry offer? Or can I only reapply if I don't accept any of the offers I was given this year?
Thanks in advance!
You can only reapply through UCAS if you have no standing offers, so you would have to reject any of the offers that you currently hold to be able to reapply through UCAS, as far as I've been lead to believe
Original post by Vicky55
Hello. What I'm asking may be quite difficult to comprehend, so I'll go slowly 😂
So this year I applied to Ved Med. Next to this subject I've applied for 3 other subjects at the same university but for deferred entry, this as a different route into Vet Med, in case I didn't get accepted this year nor next year. My plan was to reapply to Ved Med in case I didn't get in. I didn't get in this year. Can I still apply again next year for subjects if I accept a deferred entry offer? Or can I only reapply if I don't accept any of the offers I was given this year?
Thanks in advance!

If you don't want to accept any of the offers you are holding you need to reject them via UCAS. You still have the option to apply to a course via Clearing in August but if you want to defer and reapply next academic year then you need to withdraw from UCAS altogether this academic year.
So you applied for VM.2020, & other courses B.2021 & C.2021 & D.2021 at University X

didn’t get offered VM2020, so might A) reapply VM.2021, but in meantime will accept B,C, D?

How can you “improve” your candidature for veterinary science during your gap year?, as it is very competitive entry...aren’t there more-dedicated forums, for furry-med-Sci ?
Reply 4
Original post by LuigiMario
So you applied for VM.2020, & other courses B.2021 & C.2021 & D.2021 at University X

didn’t get offered VM2020, so might A) reapply VM.2021, but in meantime will accept B,C, D?

How can you “improve” your candidature for veterinary science during your gap year?, as it is very competitive entry...aren’t there more-dedicated forums, for furry-med-Sci ?

Hey, yes that was the plan but apparently I can't do that 🤣 there are but my question wasn't about what to do during my gap year :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by mike23mike
If you don't want to accept any of the offers you are holding you need to reject them via UCAS. You still have the option to apply to a course via Clearing in August but if you want to defer and reapply next academic year then you need to withdraw from UCAS altogether this academic year.

Okay, thank you for your help!
Reply 6
Original post by robertgallacher
You can only reapply through UCAS if you have no standing offers, so you would have to reject any of the offers that you currently hold to be able to reapply through UCAS, as far as I've been lead to believe

Thank you!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending