The Student Room Group

Do I have to reapply?

Last year I was supposed to attend Exeter uni. I had my place confirmed. But things happened and my mental health was too bad to attend. I emailed and asked if I could defer a year which they said yes. Do I have to reapply this year to attend or will they contact me closer to the new school year?
Original post by Chlomo_gal
Last year I was supposed to attend Exeter uni. I had my place confirmed. But things happened and my mental health was too bad to attend. I emailed and asked if I could defer a year which they said yes. Do I have to reapply this year to attend or will they contact me closer to the new school year?

It it was a formal deferment then there is no need to reapply.

However, if you're in any doubt, contact the admissions team and just double-check that they have you down for starting this September and that everything is in place for that.
Reply 2
Original post by DataVenia
It it was a formal deferment then there is no need to reapply.

However, if you're in any doubt, contact the admissions team and just double-check that they have you down for starting this September and that everything is in place for that.

I emailed them but haven’t gotten a reply, when I asked for the deferral they emailed and said it has been put on the system and should show up on my UCAS but my UCAS never changed. It’s just making me so anxious
I emailed them but haven’t gotten a reply, when I asked for the deferral they emailed and said it has been put on the system and should show up on my UCAS but my UCAS never changed. It’s just making me so anxious

Ring them.

Hi there @Chlomo_gal,

I'm sorry to hear that your concern hasn't be resolved! I would definitely get back in touch with the admissions team and let them know that your UCAS hasn't changed - they'll be very happy to make sure everything is sorted for you! For an immediate response, you can give them a call, or you can log an enquiry and they should get back to you soon! You can find their contact details here.

Please feel free to get back in touch if you are still having problems with this, or if you have any other questions!

Kitty
University of Exeter Student Ambassador
Reply 5
Original post by ExeterStudentRep
Hi there @Chlomo_gal,

I'm sorry to hear that your concern hasn't be resolved! I would definitely get back in touch with the admissions team and let them know that your UCAS hasn't changed - they'll be very happy to make sure everything is sorted for you! For an immediate response, you can give them a call, or you can log an enquiry and they should get back to you soon! You can find their contact details here.

Please feel free to get back in touch if you are still having problems with this, or if you have any other questions!

Kitty
University of Exeter Student Ambassador

Thank you for the help! I got an email back today from Exeter which said I have an unconditional offer for this year still! Such a relief

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending