The Student Room Group

Checking my referencing

For my essay I had to use Havard style referencing and since it's my first time I want to double check whether I wrote them in the correct format. Also, I want to check whether any of these websites I have used could become a problem (eg. not the primary source..etc). As well as, does the in-text citation usually count in the word count of the essay? Lastly if you can could you check whether my essay sounds nice and any improvements? (if you can, I will send the copy of my essay) Thank you :smile:
(edited 3 years ago)
Use Cite This For Me online for automatic Harvard citing :smile:

It’s always best to follow and cite/reference the source too if you find something quoted in a book always look for that original one and pop it in your reference list too :smile:

Good luck!
Original post by ClaudiaVan
Use Cite This For Me online for automatic Harvard citing :smile:

It’s always best to follow and cite/reference the source too if you find something quoted in a book always look for that original one and pop it in your reference list too :smile:

Good luck!

I have used two different websites for automatic Havard referencing but it was slightly different. Hence, I was uncertain.
Original post by chatsmilady
I have used two different websites for automatic Havard referencing but it was slightly different. Hence, I was uncertain.

Check your university or college system. Mine has a booklet specially made with the details in you can probably find your on your place of study library or homepage somewhere.
Original post by ClaudiaVan
Check your university or college system. Mine has a booklet specially made with the details in you can probably find your on your place of study library or homepage somewhere.

Okay I will :smile:
Uhmm I have a question about referencing. If I want to cite a article or scientific paper (eg. nature, sciencedaily), do I have to find the original source or do I have to quote it even though I used my own wording or can i just cite that paper?
When referencing something you can either paraphrase it (rewrite it in your own words) and add the in text citation
Or you can do “text” followed by the in text citation if you are copying it directly.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending