The Student Room Group

Financial support for 17 year old during coronavirus?

Hi, I am a 17 year old living in scotland and waiting to enter 1st year University in Scotland. I was wondering I'd there is any financial support available at all, such as youth projects, that could help me to earn some money before I leave for uni. This is because I lost my job due to the coronavirus pandemic, and now have no money to pay for accommodation deposit. Any help much appreciated!
Have you applied for any support via Student Finance? Otherwise I’d suggest to keep looking for jobs, maybe go around to local shops and ask if they have any vacancies. Supermarkets and fruit picking is one I’ve seen a lot.
Original post by Econ1906
Have you applied for any support via Student Finance? Otherwise I’d suggest to keep looking for jobs, maybe go around to local shops and ask if they have any vacancies. Supermarkets and fruit picking is one I’ve seen a lot.

Yeah, I've applied for student finance but it doesn't start until the first day of my course and the accommodation deposit is due in August. I guess I'll have to keep searching for jobs. Thanks.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending