Financial support for 17 year old during coronavirus?

Watch
Johnwilkinson3
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Hi, I am a 17 year old living in scotland and waiting to enter 1st year University in Scotland. I was wondering I'd there is any financial support available at all, such as youth projects, that could help me to earn some money before I leave for uni. This is because I lost my job due to the coronavirus pandemic, and now have no money to pay for accommodation deposit. Any help much appreciated! Image
Advertisement
Econ1906
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Have you applied for any support via Student Finance? Otherwise I’d suggest to keep looking for jobs, maybe go around to local shops and ask if they have any vacancies. Supermarkets and fruit picking is one I’ve seen a lot.
Johnwilkinson3
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by Econ1906)
Have you applied for any support via Student Finance? Otherwise I’d suggest to keep looking for jobs, maybe go around to local shops and ask if they have any vacancies. Supermarkets and fruit picking is one I’ve seen a lot.
Yeah, I've applied for student finance but it doesn't start until the first day of my course and the accommodation deposit is due in August. I guess I'll have to keep searching for jobs. Thanks.
Advertisement
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling ahead of results day?

Very Confident (22)
8.76%
Confident (30)
11.95%
Indifferent (43)
17.13%
Unsure (67)
26.69%
Worried (89)
35.46%

Watched Threads

Latest