The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

The cutt-off for 2020 entry was so low compared to the past years hopefully it'll be low 2021 entry too
Original post by FriedChicken0
The cutt-off for 2020 entry was so low compared to the past years hopefully it'll be low 2021 entry too

what was the cut-off?
Is the course Integrated, PBL or CBL?
Original post by safia.munir
what was the cut-off?

It was 14.7. 2019 Entry cut off was 16.1.
Yoo hi kids hahaha is it just us applying :smile: (A dream of course)
Have y’all started preparing for the BMAT I’d love to go here so hopefully they keep the cut offs low again!
Reply 6
Original post by Eliza2251
Yoo hi kids hahaha is it just us applying :smile: (A dream of course)
Have y’all started preparing for the BMAT I’d love to go here so hopefully they keep the cut offs low again!

I'm afraid not! 'hi kids' assuming you're also grad/mature?! And naa I sat the ucat yesterday so ill take a day off and start bmat prep next week:wink:
Original post by spk00
I'm afraid not! 'hi kids' assuming you're also grad/mature?! And naa I sat the ucat yesterday so ill take a day off and start bmat prep next week:wink:

Eyy I'm grad too biomedical sciences. I love btown would love to study at bsms😭
Original post by spk00

I'm afraid not I am a gap year applicant but only 18 soon 19. I just love calling everyone kids :smile: lmao it might be something to do with how short I am and constantly getting mocked for it sigh its a hard life out here.
Hey, I am a little confused about something so according to last years cut off's (14.7) would mean I would have to get around a score of 6 in section 1 and 2 for e.g. and then like a 3 in the essay to be offered an interview however the average was only 4 for both sections so I would have to aim to get well above the average for an interview?
Original post by spk00

How did ur UCAT go!!! Mine was eh so I'm looking at BMAT now and especially with the 2020 interim percentiles my score got pushed down quite a bit. THEY WERE SO HIGH :frown:
Reply 11

Ahh awesome! I'm not too fussed where I study medicine:biggrin:
Reply 12
I'm afraid not I am a gap year applicant but only 18 soon 19. I just love calling everyone kids :smile: lmao it might be something to do with how short I am and constantly getting mocked for it sigh its a hard life out here.

Are you ready for the incoming short memes?:wink:
Reply 13
How did ur UCAT go!!! Mine was eh so I'm looking at BMAT now and especially with the 2020 interim percentiles my score got pushed down quite a bit. THEY WERE SO HIGH :frown:

I did okay, got 2800 overall which I know is above average but ppl on TSR get so high so I'm not too confident :frown:, wbu and where ya thinking of applying?
Please can you help. How can I know what my BMAT score will be as results are released after Ucas deadline ?
I am just scared to apply and not meet the cut off after.
Original post by AdrianaCZ
Please can you help. How can I know what my BMAT score will be as results are released after Ucas deadline ?
I am just scared to apply and not meet the cut off after.

You won't. Everyone doing the BMAT will essentially be taking a risk by applying "blind".

Post originally created by ecolier.
Original post by spk00
Are you ready for the incoming short memes?:wink:

Original post by spk00
I did okay, got 2800 overall which I know is above average but ppl on TSR get so high so I'm not too confident :frown:, wbu and where ya thinking of applying?

No way?! I'm not even that short (5'4) it's jus cos my friends are giants :mad:. Ahhh ur score is super good don't stress I had an anxiety panic attack mid mine and thought my first section had gone terrible even tho it hadn't and messed up the rest so I ended up with 2600 :frown: (still weeping in some corner over it). I'm thinking two UCAT, two BMAT. Honestly as long as I end up studying medicine I'll be happy but I would love to go to Imperial or BSMS. Wby!! Also, as your a graduate how old are you :biggrin:
Please if you fulfill the requirements regarding BMAT, is it sure that they invite you for interview ?
Reply 18
Original post by AdrianaCZ
Please if you fulfill the requirements regarding BMAT, is it sure that they invite you for interview ?

BSMS set their bmat requirements after ranking everyone's score. Also, they have gcse and A-level requirements that you have to fufil.
Reply 19
No way?! I'm not even that short (5'4) it's jus cos my friends are giants :mad:. Ahhh ur score is super good don't stress I had an anxiety panic attack mid mine and thought my first section had gone terrible even tho it hadn't and messed up the rest so I ended up with 2600 :frown: (still weeping in some corner over it). I'm thinking two UCAT, two BMAT. Honestly as long as I end up studying medicine I'll be happy but I would love to go to Imperial or BSMS. Wby!! Also, as your a graduate how old are you :biggrin:

I guess your not thaat short:biggrin:. Nahh the interims are so high this yr so I don't even know. That sounds like a horrible experience, tho you could still apply to a few UCAT unis with that score! But yeah I'm sure you'll smash the BMAT and get a place either way. I'm thinking Bsms, SGUL and Newcastle so far. I 20:smile: