The Student Room Group

University of St Andrews A101 / ScotGEM 2021 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by londongirl1
I haven't got one yet. I applied last year and got an interview and thought they'd sent all invites out at the same time but I might be wrong?

You've got me worrying now as I haven't received an invitation yet either. I wonder if they're sending the Scottish applicants invites out first?
Original post by bethlangley
You've got me worrying now as I haven't received an invitation yet either. I wonder if they're sending the Scottish applicants invites out first?

Not entirely sure. Do you meet the entry requirements as far as you know?
Not entirely sure. Do you meet the entry requirements as far as you know?

According to the website I do. I did apply just before the deadline so I'm hoping they're going through the applications in batches. Have you applied with the same GAMSAT score from last year?
According to the website I do. I did apply just before the deadline so I'm hoping they're going through the applications in batches. Have you applied with the same GAMSAT score from last year?

Could be! I resat the GAMSAT and got a score that was one point higher 😅. I got 56 overall, so not wonderful but it was quite a bit higher than the cut off last year, so was hoping it would be enough this year too. Can't think what else it might be!
Could be! I resat the GAMSAT and got a score that was one point higher 😅. I got 56 overall, so not wonderful but it was quite a bit higher than the cut off last year, so was hoping it would be enough this year too. Can't think what else it might be!

Fingers crossed we will receive some good news next week! That is a good score, I'd be surprised if they rejected you with that. Do you have any idea how the overall GAMSAT scores were this year in relation to last year?
Fingers crossed we will receive some good news next week! That is a good score, I'd be surprised if they rejected you with that. Do you have any idea how the overall GAMSAT scores were this year in relation to last year?

Thanks! I think the scores from March and September are slightly higher now that it's online but not by all that much I don't think. Fingers crossed for us! 🤞 I'm also waiting to hear back from Swansea and Nottingham. Doubt I'll get an interview at Swansea but hoping I might have a chance at Nottingham going by the cut off they've used in recent years. We'll see. Where else did you apply?
Reply 46
Congratulations to everyone who has received an invite so far!

Yearly interviewees spreadsheet linked here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1aidwhbR7uPJv_IC58ylLzh4RYEERSn2KRMRi1D_YHEQ/edit#gid=2009272060

Hopefully the previous spreadsheets has been of help and this one will be out there to help future students.
Good luck on interviews o/
Thanks! I think the scores from March and September are slightly higher now that it's online but not by all that much I don't think. Fingers crossed for us! 🤞 I'm also waiting to hear back from Swansea and Nottingham. Doubt I'll get an interview at Swansea but hoping I might have a chance at Nottingham going by the cut off they've used in recent years. We'll see. Where else did you apply?

Thanks :smile: I sat the September 2019 and 2020 exams and thought the science section of the 2020 one was pretty horrific, and you need to be a very fast typer for section 2. I'm surprised people have scored higher with the online exam.
Thanks :smile: I sat the September 2019 and 2020 exams and thought the science section of the 2020 one was pretty horrific, and you need to be a very fast typer for section 2. I'm surprised people have scored higher with the online exam.

Completely agree! I wonder if the slightly higher scores were partly due to it being a shorter day with shorter sections. I definitely felt a lot less fatigued this time around but still knackered!
Completely agree! I wonder if the slightly higher scores were partly due to it being a shorter day with shorter sections. I definitely felt a lot less fatigued this time around but still knackered!

I agree with you about it being a shorter day and feeling much less fatigued afterwards but with there being a smaller number of questions, each question is worth more marks so less room for error. I've also applied to Nottingham, Liverpool and Birmingham. My overall score is 54. Fingers crossed I get an offer!
I agree with you about it being a shorter day and feeling much less fatigued afterwards but with there being a smaller number of questions, each question is worth more marks so less room for error. I've also applied to Nottingham, Liverpool and Birmingham. My overall score is 54. Fingers crossed I get an offer!

That's true. You have a good score too. Let's see what happens next week 🤞
What GAMSAT scores did you get if you’ve received an interview? Worried as I only got 56!
Original post by tree.diddy
What GAMSAT scores did you get if you’ve received an interview? Worried as I only got 56!

72, but think it works out as 71 for ScotGEMS calculation! Try not to worry too much, they’ll still be working through things over the next few days
Anyone else had their Dundee and ScotGEM interview combined? Got an email saying they’ll just do one to cover both in January
Original post by Lolaaaa987
Anyone else had their Dundee and ScotGEM interview combined? Got an email saying they’ll just do one to cover both in January

I got an email just from ScotGEM admissions - saying the interview dates were 26/27/28th Jan and I'll be hearing in two weeks time about the exact date and time.

As of yet no, updates to St Andrews Application portal - nor UCAS Track
Original post by bulgylau
I got an email just from ScotGEM admissions - saying the interview dates were 26/27/28th Jan and I'll be hearing in two weeks time about the exact date and time.

As of yet no, updates to St Andrews Application portal - nor UCAS Track

Did you apply to Dundee’s A100 and get an interview there also?
My St Andrews portal hasn’t updated either so I wouldn’t worry about that
Original post by ChemGirl95
Did you apply to Dundee’s A100 and get an interview there also?
My St Andrews portal hasn’t updated either so I wouldn’t worry about that

Ah.. no I didn't I've only applied to A101 courses... I didn't know the previous user also applied to Dundee A100. Seems convenient that the A100 and A101 courses are using the same interview
Reply 57
Does anyone know if ScotGem send out interviews in batches like they do for St. Andrews undergrad? Still not heard and getting worried :frown: meet all the requirements and achieved above gamsat cut off
Original post by rmm27
Does anyone know if ScotGem send out interviews in batches like they do for St. Andrews undergrad? Still not heard and getting worried :frown: meet all the requirements and achieved above gamsat cut off

You could maybe try contacting admissions? They are friendly so I’m sure wouldn’t mind. Have they released the gamsat cut off score?
Reply 59
Original post by 123443210
You could maybe try contacting admissions? They are friendly so I’m sure wouldn’t mind. Have they released the gamsat cut off score?

I might do, will maybe wait until the end of this week. Not sure, but I know previous years it was 50 so assumed it would be similar this year

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending