HELP: Border Force Apprenticeship 2020 Application

Watch
Jess4935
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Im currently applying for the Border Force Apprenticeship but i am absolutely stumped on the 'personal statement' which should be aligned to:

“Imagine you are responsible for delivering a service accessed by the public. One day you notice that customers are queuing and are unhappy with the wait. What would you do? What are your reasons for handling it in this way?”

This is confusing to me because i'd understand a typical personal statement to be about you.

Should i:
Write a situation, task, action and result (STAR) type of statement answering only that question?
OR
Should i combine in a traditional personal statement about myself?

Thank you in advance for any help
Imoutrey
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I'm answering the same application right now, too!Its a difficult question because its not the typical
bahah12
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Hey! Did you answer this? Im stuck on what to do. do you put a past example or say what you would do?
Jess4935
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
(Original post by Imoutrey)
I'm answering the same application right now, too!Its a difficult question because its not the typical
(Original post by bahah12)
Hey! Did you answer this? Im stuck on what to do. do you put a past example or say what you would do?
Honestly i am still none of the wiser as to whats even expected from this question!? I've gave a past example of customer service and i'm going to also answer their question but not sure if thats right... What have you both gone for?
bahah12
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Jess4935)
Honestly i am still none of the wiser as to whats even expected from this question!? I've gave a past example of customer service and i'm going to also answer their question but not sure if thats right... What have you both gone for?
ill private message you
jackryhoff
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Hi there, has anyone heard back from Border Force since the vacancy closed last week?
bahah12
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by jackryhoff)
Hi there, has anyone heard back from Border Force since the vacancy closed last week?
I remember on the application it said sift was 20th July so well find out after that. As i understand i think they sit down for a week review the applications in one day
Jane01
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Guy which locations did you apply for? I am also waiting for an answer for Tilbury location. Good luck to all of us🤞
Jane01
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
All day waiting today😀is killing. Would love yes or not not to wait anymore.
Kinger
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Had no reply so far - anyone had a response yet? (20th July) Dover - Folkestone - Tilbury were my choices- good luck all
Last edited by Kinger; 1 month ago
Jane01
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
No nothing here as well. Probably another week or so for a reply. As they said interviews will be from 3rd of August. If anyone gets Tilbury let me know😁I live here
Brenna123
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I’ve also applied for the June 2020 intake! I’m glad I’m not the only one sat waiting😂 by the sounds of previous applicants we may be waiting a while!
Jess4935
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Still no reply here too - I applied for Goole, Hull & Grimsby. Praying to hear back soon...

(Original post by Jane01)
No nothing here as well. Probably another week or so for a reply. As they said interviews will be from 3rd of August. If anyone gets Tilbury let me know😁I live here
Where did you see that interviews would be from the 3rd?
Jane01
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Jess4935)
Still no reply here too - I applied for Goole, Hull & Grimsby. Praying to hear back soon...

Where did you see that interviews would be from the 3rd?
You can find it in the 3rd attachment when you go to your application civil jobs account.
LJM02
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Going by previous campaigns on old threads it looks like it’s going to be a long, drawn out process! Fingers crossed for a quicker response for everyone 🤞
Jane01
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by LJM02)
Going by previous campaigns on old threads it looks like it’s going to be a long, drawn out process! Fingers crossed for a quicker response for everyone 🤞
Yes around 3 months for an interview and 6-12 months for start of paperwork(but also is depends on location, as you saw before people with lower scores also contacted 🤞).
LJM02
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Jane01)
Yes around 3 months for an interview and 6-12 months for start of paperwork(but also is depends on location, as you saw before people with lower scores also contacted 🤞).
Yes location definitely plays a part. I applied for Glasgow or Edinburgh. My sister also applied for these locations on an April 2018 campaign - she was successful on application and interview, yet still sitting on a reserve list 2yrs later. Perhaps there will be more movement now with Brexit looming!
Jane01
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by LJM02)
Yes location definitely plays a part. I applied for Glasgow or Edinburgh. My sister also applied for these locations on an April 2018 campaign - she was successful on application and interview, yet still sitting on a reserve list 2yrs later. Perhaps there will be more movement now with Brexit looming!
Oh nooo 2 years🙄 I am really hoping to start this year if successful🤞working in aviation for 13 years, really need a change now. Wish everyone good luck guys and very quick job placements.
Kinger
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by LJM02)
Seems odd they are even interviewing when they have people still waiting to start after 2 years ?
LJM02
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Kinger)
Seems odd they are even interviewing when they have people still waiting to start after 2 years ?
Sure is!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has your university communicated any last minute changes?

Yes, and they were what I was expecting (11)
18.33%
Yes, and they were not what I was hoping for (15)
25%
Yes, and they don't change my view on attending uni (4)
6.67%
No, I haven't received any communication (30)
50%

Watched Threads