The Student Room Group

Am I being too harsh

So I’ve spoken about this before but I’m kinda worrying that I am being unreasonable.

So an online friend who I have had for like a year has only VC with me once before. And whenever I request to do it again they always say no. And if they do agree they always cancel it.

She has also only given a face reveal of half of her face and never a full face reveal even after asking a few times. As she claims she is insecure. She may just be insecure so i didn’t push her with that too much. But surely a vc is harmless???

Am I being unreasonable?
yes, you are.

why do you need to see whole face?
I get really freaked out about talking to people, I hate getting close to people, perhaps she didn't enjoy your VC before or is intimidated. Be mature and ask her, explain how you are feeling. You cannot force her to do anything she doesn't want to do and just getting frustrated at that means you are being unreasonable, you have to take it as fast as the slowest person and you cannot blame a person for that!
honestly, I think you’re being a little unreasonable. making internet friends is a really scary concept and yes you may both have been talking for a year, but that doesn’t mean she fully trusts you. she’s clearly uncomfortable showing her face and sharing personal things such as VC. Why would you force her to VC when she clearly doesn’t want to? :smile:
Quite unreasonable. Some people just aren't comfortable with VC.

I have been friends with someone online for nearly 4 years we have never spoken on the phone or VC and we have met only once. But we still have a good relationship.
Reply 5
Original post by DiddyDec
Quite unreasonable. Some people just aren't comfortable with VC.

I have been friends with someone online for nearly 4 years we have never spoken on the phone or VC and we have met only once. But we still have a good relationship.

Ok In that case I’ll just be happy texting casually. Thanks guys. It’s clear I was unreasonable

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending