The Student Room Group

International Baccalaureate Results Day: Advice and FAQ (Updated for 2022)

IB Results Day FAQ

You can find the IBresults day chat thread here: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7233196

When will my results be available?
Schools get access to results on 5th July, and some will choose to share results with students then. Students have access to their results on the candidate website at 12pm GMT on 6th July. Candidate website is: https://candidates.ibo.org/

What does \"P" mean on my results sheet?
Some schools may have asked for an extension to the submission deadlines for coursework etc., if they did this, results were not guaranteed to be ready for the usual release date and hence you may have got a "Pending" result. Contact your school for further information on this.

Can I appeal my results?
Yes, you can do EURs (enquiry upon results), these must be submitted through your school. A standard Enquiry Upon Results (EUR) is very simple, but you will need to wait for a few weeks while your papers and IAs are remarked. It's important to note that the latter grade stands regardless of whether it's higher or lower than the original grade awarded.

Why hasn't my university offer changed to reflect my results?
There are a few reasons your university offer may not have changed:
- Your university hasn't recieved your results. If you didn't request the IB sent your transcript to your firm/insurance unis then they won't have recieved your results and hence will be unable to change your offer until they recieve confirmation of your results.
- Your university has recieved your results, but hasn't processed them yet. If you did set up for your university to recieve your transcript, they may just not have changed your offer yet regardless of whether you have met your offer or not.
- You missed your offer. In particular if you narrowly missed your offer (for example, by a point or two, or you got your overall points requirement, but missed your HL requirements), then universities may not wish to make a decision about whether to accept you until they recieve A level results and can see exactly how many people on your course met/missed their offers and hence how many spaces they have.

I've been rejected by my firm and insurance, what are my options?
See the clearing FAQ here for if you want to go to university this year. Some universities will have courses and be happy to offer places from 6th July, others will wait until A level results day before entering clearing, if at all. This leaves less pressure for you to make really quick decisions about next year.
If you don't want to go to university this year, you could consider retaking some, or all, of your subjects and reapplying next year. Talk to your school about your options.

I didn't apply for uni this year, but now I want to go, what do I do?
Firstly you will need your full UCAS application to be completed (including personal statement and reference, usually from your school), so you'll need to contact your school to let them know you are going to apply for uni and need a reference. Once you have completed your UCAS application and your school has added your reference you will be straight into clearing and be able to call up universities to see if they have any spaces with your clearing number :smile: More clearing questions are answered here: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7234480

Got any other questions? Ask below and we'll do our best to answer them!
(edited 1 year ago)
How long does re-marking take? I have 2 weeks to accept my insurance but would rather get re-marked and try to up my score to meet my firm
Original post by Digatalise
How long does re-marking take? I have 2 weeks to accept my insurance but would rather get re-marked and try to up my score to meet my firm

It varies between subject and even when you submit the remark. What do you mean you have two weeks to accept your insurance? As long as you meet your conditions for your firm by 31st August then you should be able to go there regardless of whether your insurance is happy with that.
Typically though, I would say the remark is likely to be back within 2 weeks though, so if you think it might go up and are happy to pay to take that risk then I would get it sent off tomorrow and hope it's back in time :smile:
Original post by Lemur14
It varies between subject and even when you submit the remark. What do you mean you have two weeks to accept your insurance? As long as you meet your conditions for your firm by 31st August then you should be able to go there regardless of whether your insurance is happy with that.
Typically though, I would say the remark is likely to be back within 2 weeks though, so if you think it might go up and are happy to pay to take that risk then I would get it sent off tomorrow and hope it's back in time :smile:

Thank you so much! I thought I had 2 weeks after results announcement to accept/ notify my insurance uni? If I have time till August 31st, then I’m definitely going to appeal to my school for the re-mark. 😊

So just to clarify I don’t have to inform or say anything to my insurance uni yet?
Original post by Digatalise
Thank you so much! I thought I had 2 weeks after results announcement to accept/ notify my insurance uni? If I have time till August 31st, then I’m definitely going to appeal to my school for the re-mark. 😊

So just to clarify I don’t have to inform or say anything to my insurance uni yet?

Unless your insurance uni has said something specific to you about a 2 week deadline (this may be either in an email to you, or in your acceptance letter on UCAS), then I think they will just assume you are going to there unless you tell them otherwise for now. Even if they did say 2 weeks, it would be reasonable to tell them you are putting in for a remark and are awaiting results and hence could you have an extension to this (or accept it, and then reject them if you get the result on the remark that you want).
Not unless they've asked you to, no.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending