The Student Room Group
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website

London unis

hi, i'm thinking about applying to royal Holloway uni but i'm not from/live near London. I live in Peterborough which is probably too far to commute and i cant afford the costs anyway. are you a student in London? whats it like price wise and is it truly as lonely as its perceived to be? (and expensive)
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
hi, i'm thinking about applying to royal Holloway uni but i'm not from/live near London. I live in Peterborough which is probably too far to commute and i cant afford the costs anyway. are you a student in London? whats it like price wise and is it truly as lonely as its perceived to be? (and expensive)

Hi!

I am a student in London and yes it can be expensive! Royal Holloway is on the outskirts of London so accommodation would be a little cheaper than UCL or Birbeck for example.Check the university website as they may have bursaries that help cover living costs such as accommodation. I have paid roughly between £150-£170 a week for accommodation but it can go up in to £200s so have a good look.
In terms of loneliness I guess it depends on how sociable you are! London is not a student focused city so it can feel daunting but joining a couple of societies and going to freshers/intro events help
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending