The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2740
Is it really true that we won't hear from UCL until January 5th??
I mean, isn't there a 'guarantee' that we get interview results maximum 14 days post interview...so surely we would hear earlier??
And yes, if you havn't got 5,5,9 they do just look at your application as a whole...
Reply 2741
it's xmas - admission staff need holidays too. you can't expect them to work during xmas can you - they're only human
Reply 2742
lol. imperial sent me an email today.
poor registrars...... working even during their christmas break. :/
Reply 2743
We wish you a Merry Christmas

We wish you a Merry Christmas;
We wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
Good tidings we bring to you and your kin;
Good tidings for Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Oh, bring thee a UCL Interview;
Oh, bring thee a UCL Interview;
Oh, bring thee a UCL Interview and a cup of good cheer
I won't go until I get one;
I won't go until I get one;
I won't go until I get one, so bring one to me.

We wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

:merryxmas:
Reply 2744
Hyeree
lol. imperial sent me an email today.
poor registrars...... working even during their christmas break. :/

that is pathetic - if i was an admissions tutor i would demand a 2 week xmas break without having to think about candidates and ucas forms. on the other hand it probably keeps us from ringing them/ emailing them every 2 minutes checking the status of our application
Reply 2745
sd91
that is pathetic - if i was an admissions tutor i would demand a 2 week xmas break without having to think about candidates and ucas forms. on the other hand it probably keeps us from ringing them/ emailing them every 2 minutes checking the status of our application

yeah, but they probably get paid well for that...
Reply 2746
:stomp: No.no.no
those admissions tutors can have their holidays at other times.....
like in between deadline for acceptance and a level results...
:stomp:
Reply 2747
SilentGirl
What superpower do you possess? :p:

Sorry, that's on a need to know basis. :cool:

I'll give you a clue though.

Spoiler

Hyeree
Bakman save me from the evils of UCAS!!!!!!! :p:

As much as I love saving a damsel in distress, I don't work on holidays.

Plus admissions tutors scare the **** outta me.
motiv3
Oooo Edinburgh are giving out offers now (looks at offers thread), this may be interesting for the likes of scaryhair :wink:

Why me? I can't be the only English on TSR to apply there for Med, surely :s-smilie:
Reply 2749
Baki
Sorry, that's on a need to know basis. :cool:

I'll give you a clue though.

Spoiler

As much as I love saving a damsel in distress, I don't work on holidays.

Plus admissions tutors scare the **** outta me.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Reply 2750
scaryhair
Why me? I can't be the only English on TSR to apply there for Med, surely :s-smilie:

yeah but your the only one i know thats applied hahah
scaryhair

:eek: I wasn't expecting anything from them until the end of January.

Edit to avoid confusion:

:eek: I didn't think they'd hand anything out until late January at the earliest.

I hope they get back to the rest of us soon!
Myoclonic Jerk

I seem to have got the wrong end of the stick, thought it was March?
Myoclonic Jerk

I'm not expecting to hear anything until February-March time! I expect you scots will hear before me though.
crosscurrents
I seem to have got the wrong end of the stick, thought it was March?

I thought I read somewhere that they gave out a batch at the end of January, and then the rest around March. :s-smilie:

scaryhair
I'm not expecting to hear anything until February-March time! I expect you scots will hear before me though.

I'm English :p:

I haven't heard from them, by the way - it was someone else. Sorry if I gave the wrong impression!!
So there's at least 3 of us English applying for Edinburgh on this very page :wink: Hehe.
crosscurrents
So there's at least 3 of us English applying for Edinburgh on this very page :wink: Hehe.

Well, it's on the last page now, but yeah :p:
Hyeree
Bakman save me from the evils of UCAS!!!!!!! :p:

You are meant to fight till you get your well deserved place !!! :wink:

Medicine here we come.
Myoclonic Jerk

I'm English :p:

I haven't heard from them, by the way - it was someone else. Sorry if I gave the wrong impression!!

Oh lol, my mistake. Glanced at your Academics and saw a load of numbers and imeediately thought: Highers!
Oh yeah, I knew it was someone else that had heard. Didn't know about the January thing though!
LOL I just spent the last ten minutes trying to figure out why 2,4-dinitrophenylhydrazine wasn't called 2,6-denitrophenylhydrazine seeing as by my count the two nitro groups were positioned on the first and sixth carbon atom of the benzene ring. I think I get it now...we start counting from the fifth carbon atom since it is attached to NH which is linked to NH2 and then from there you count clockwise. Yeah.

I think I'm almost done with Unit 4 (nuffield) revision though I haven't given any past papers a go yet.

I'd just like to point out I'm dreading looking at Biology. I feel so motivated to work for Chemistry but when I think of Biology, all I can think of is agriculture, ecosystems blah eugh ecology - the worst area of Biology. No idea how we're expected to sit BYB4 and BYB5 in January when we haven't even finished either module properly!

Latest

Trending

Trending