The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 4020
Sanjetti
Yeah what happens is a form of secondary active transport.

What you have is the energy from the excited electrons used to pump protons against their concentration gradient. The protons accumulate and a concentration gradient is maintained. Protons diffuse down through the enzyme ATPsynthase, which in turn uses that energy to phosphorylate ADP to form ATP.

and the same thing happens in the final stage of respiration during chemiosmosis, no?
the way i learned about photosynthesis was:
electrons in photosystem I become excited & move down the electron transport chain & this energy is used to phosphorylate ADP. the electrons then fall into photosystem II and become excited again; this energy is used to reduce NADP, and the NADP and ATP are used in the Calvin cycle.
urghhhh too much to remember, i'll have forgotten it by june!
lotusx
and the same thing happens in the final stage of respiration during chemiosmosis, no?
electrons in photosystem I become excited & move down the electron transport chain & this energy is used to phosphorylate ADP. the electrons then fall into photosystem II and become excited again; this energy is used to reduce NADP, and the NADP and ATP are used in the Calvin cycle.

Yes, it happens in respiration - the final stage.
And that's all correct except electrons go through Photosytem II first, then Photosystem I, just to make things even more confusing lol!
Reply 4022
scaryhair
Yes, it happens in respiration - the final stage.
And that's all correct except electrons go through Photosytem II first, then Photosystem I, just to make things even more confusing lol!

ahhh cheers! i've got it written the right way in my notes. silly people messing with the natural order of numbers :wink:
I went through a whole chemistry paper before and it was suprisingly ok :smile: Few annoying bits:

• Still need to learn all those organic reactions/reactants/conditions etc...

• The stupid question on solubility of two compounds (sulphate or hydroxide) is so confusing when you have to say how both the lattice and hydration enthalpies get 'less negative' down the group but one gets 'more less negative'.. putting it into words is a pain.

• Familiarising myself with the calculations for acids/bases and I need to realise that only temperature affects Kc/Kp and concentration/pressure don't.. One question asked what effect increasing temperature would have on Kc and how the equilibrium may change. The reactants were gases but it was a Kc and it was a bit weird..

Then did some bio and realised how much there is to cram in.
Reply 4024
jonnyofengland
Flipping heck, ADREAM racks up the warning points pretty fast...

ADREAM? Did he by any chance apply to Oxford?

Funny that, I recall someone logged in as ADREAM on TSR in the library at LMH. :wink:
Isometrix
is he permanently banned? what was the reason?

I'm not sure. Temporarily banned popped up when I first posted that, but now it just says banned. :dontknow: He has got 15 warning points though, so I don't think it was a requested ban.

Although looking at his history he seems to have been making a bit of a nuisance of himself in H&R, which won't have helped him. :colone:
Reply 4026
Isometrix
is he permanently banned? what was the reason?

Oooh, gossip! :p:
SaVeMe
Oooh, gossip! :p:

Great way to go about getting yourself banned.

Oh, and nice sig. :rolleyes:
Reply 4028
jonnyofengland
Great way to go about getting yourself banned.

Oh, and nice sig. :rolleyes:

Myself? :confused: Banned?

Hmm, TSR-ians really are confusing. Guess I'll have to get used to it sometime.

You like the sig? Gah, the quote is from my tutor, you see. :p:
SaVeMe

See my PM.
Reply 4030
jonnyofengland
See my PM.

Read, understood and grateful for. :smile:
lotusx

Yup it does indeed! :smile:
SaVeMe

I'm going out on a limb to assume that you are were ADREAM's dupe account?

Well if you ever return to read this, I hope your attitude certainly changes by the time you have finished med school and take the Hippocratic Oath, before practising as a doctor. Some of the stuff you have said in H&R is disgusting and immature to be frank.

Anyway, I'm up bright and early again to get a move on with some revision today. :woo:
I'm confused. Was ADREAM for real or was SaVeMe for real? They can't both be who they say they are and be the same person!
Reply 4034
scaryhair
I'm confused. Was ADREAM for real or was SaVeMe for real? They can't both be who they say they are and be the same person!

Adream made a dupe account called SaveMe. The pic was of his gf. :laugh:
Baki
Adream made a dupe account called SaveMe. The pic was of his gf. :laugh:

Oh I see - are either of the accoutns still on here?
Reply 4036
scaryhair
Oh I see - are either of the accoutns still on here?

Nah. I think Adream account was temp. banned.
For anyone studying OCR MEI Maths:

This website has packs for each module containing really good revision notes, past papers and mark schemes. I've found them really useful for all the modules I've done so far (C1, C2, D1 and finding them useful for C3 currently), I hope that they are as useful for you all too:

http://sohanshah.webs.com/mathsasalevel.htm

For anyone else studying Maths (on other specifications), that website also has a big range of past papers and mark schemes that you may find useful.

Enjoy!
Baki
Nah. I think Adream account was temp. banned.

After that stunt my guess is that it will be perma-banned now.

He may well come back with another account, but so long as he keeps his head down and doesn't make it too obvious that he is ADREAM, he could well stay.
jonnyofengland
After that stunt my guess is that it will be perma-banned now.

He may well come back with another account, but so long as he keeps his head down and doesn't make it too obvious that he is ADREAM, he could well stay.

mods are able to see people's IP addresses anyway so if they wanted they could tell if he's made another account by matching the IP. i think he's allowed to make another account as long as he behaves himself.

Latest

Trending

Trending