The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Hyeree
something i used to have... but lost 3 days ago! haha

Haha, well I'm guessing you have to wait longer. Edinburgh take ages every year, your 2 BMATs you won't hear from for a long time, and Nottingham with their questionnaire are undoubtedly quite slow as well :p:
Reply 981
Toiletpaper8
Haha, well I'm guessing you have to wait longer. Edinburgh take ages every year, your 2 BMATs you won't hear from for a long time, and Nottingham with their questionnaire are undoubtedly quite slow as well :p:

haha thanks for the reassurance:P:
im not expecting anything until januray anyways...
but there is ALWAYS the chance that what if im so lucky that i get it really fast?? :/ wishful thinking right ?
speaking of which....do any uni's hand out offers before december?
Reply 983
they hand out rejections before christmas! (or did when i was applying)
Reply 984
Oxford will before Christmas. Birmingham sometimes give out some offers before December. UCL start interviewing in December and aim to make decisions in about two weeks. There will be some decisions around I suppose for the lucky/unlucky!
Unsuccessful! Happy Christmas!
Reply 986
Hahaa! I thought that. I think it's an excellent time to give out decisions. It can either be a present or if it's bad you can just cheer yourself up with holiday spirit. :p: Cambridge give out theirs on the aftermath of New Years when you're bleary eyed. :grin:
Reply 987
haha.. or you can just get back into that drinking mode again!!! haha
Reply 988
Or that. :p:
iheartvet
Unsuccessful! Happy Christmas!
:puke:

On a different note, revising GCSE Physics for the BMAT is EXACTLY why I didn't take up Physics to AS let alone A2. Everything about the subject makes me cringe. How many bloody formulas and units do we have to learn jeeesh!? :mad:
I have never studied physics and so it is a complete minefield for me.
Mena I like the barf face you added to your post.
Holsy
Hahaa! I thought that. I think it's an excellent time to give out decisions. It can either be a present or if it's bad you can just cheer yourself up with holiday spirit. :p: Cambridge give out theirs on the aftermath of New Years when you're bleary eyed. :grin:

lol UCL did well on making my Christmas last year not so merry :p: Same with the January exams! Fun times xD
Reply 992
FFCrusader
lol UCL did well on making my Christmas last year not so merry :p: Same with the January exams! Fun times xD

:frown: That sucks. I really, really hope you do well this year.
Holsy
:frown: That sucks. I really, really hope you do well this year.

Where have you applied? I'm wondering when Nottingham will get back to me about maths lol
Reply 994
FFCrusader

Where have you applied? I'm wondering when Nottingham will get back to me about maths lol

Thank you. :biggrin:

UCL, Nottingham, Birmingham and Leicester. How about you? Maths as an alternative choice -- interesting!
Holsy
Thank you. :biggrin:

UCL, Nottingham, Birmingham and Leicester. How about you? Maths as an alternative choice -- interesting!

Kings (again), Barts, St Georges and Keele

yup I figured this would be my last go at applying for medicine, don't really want to take another gap year so picked something I thought I was good at and would enjoy lol (I hope)

The Notts maths admissions guy said I should get an offer, the question is will he and when :p: If he doesn't well, I'm screwed lol :o:

Do you have a back up?
Reply 996
You want to live in London then? :p:

Ah, okay. Good luck then! I have applied for Biomedical Sciences at Manchester, but in all honesty if I don't get any offers this year for Medicine I'll take a gap year like you did and re-apply. :ninja:
Holsy
You want to live in London then? :p:

Ah, okay. Good luck then! I have applied for Biomedical Sciences at Manchester, but in all honesty if I don't get any offers this year for Medicine I'll take a gap year like you did and re-apply. :ninja:

Just a tad :p: I like london, and my brother has a house there which I can live in if I go which would make life easier and cheaper in the long run :smile:

Cheers. Cool, I applied for biochemistry for some reason last year when I had no intention of ever doing it lol

Fair enough, hopefully you'll get in :smile: (though a gap year isn't so bad, but I can't say much about it as I haven't done anything yet :p: Mexico in 10 days hell yeah!:biggrin::biggrin:)
Reply 998
Ooh nice; that'll be really handy!

Ah, brilliant. Have fun in Mexico! What are your plans when you get there? Bring back a sombrero please. :grin:
Holsy
Ooh nice; that'll be really handy!

Ah, brilliant. Have fun in Mexico! What are your plans when you get there? Bring back a sombrero please. :grin:

yupyup :biggrin:

Thanks! I'm going there on a project for a month with Global Volunteer Projects - I get to shadow doctors and such. Should be great fun! It's just an issue of my lack of spanish speaking lol

Haha I will try to :p:

Latest

Trending

Trending