The Student Room Group
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website

How is the accommodation internet?

I'd rather not go to a University with crappy speeds and the only results I could find were from 5+ years ago.

How fast is the internet? Are there Ethernet ports in rooms? Do they have any stupid/strict rules on usage?
Original post by Anonymous
I'd rather not go to a University with crappy speeds and the only results I could find were from 5+ years ago.

How fast is the internet? Are there Ethernet ports in rooms? Do they have any stupid/strict rules on usage?

They all have the same network. They all use university-managed ethernet
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website
Hey,

My name is Connie and I am a Student Rep for the University of Kent. I am in my final year, but during my first year I lived on campus in Canterbury at Turing accommodation. From my personal experience I cannot recollect negative experience with the internet. I lived with boys who did a LOT of gaming and they never experienced any trouble from my memory. The university claim: "Connection speed. For the fastest and most reliable connection, use the wired internet in your room.Campus Wi-Fi should be faster than home broadband." but check out the following link for any more technical information which may give you a better idea of what to expect : https://www.kent.ac.uk/guides/get-connected. I hope this helps, but to be honest I would not worry about this as Kent have been very good for me compared to when I have visited other friends in Lancaster for example where I couldn't even have a FaceTime call without it bugging.

Good luck
Connie :smile:
The internet is very stable, especially if you use a LAN Cable (provided for free if you ask at the college receptions).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending