The Student Room Group

Am I screwed?

I have no qualifications or experience, the best job I could get is toilet cleaner. I failed at school and while I have since taught myself, I still have no qualifications.
Reply 1
Even at 23?
Reply 2
OK, thanks.
Reply 3
My brother left school with one GCSE and in a gang. He's fine now, working a good job in the city, has a degree. Don't let things hold you back, there are always options.
Reply 4
Original post by Pathway
My brother left school with one GCSE and in a gang. He's fine now, working a good job in the city, has a degree. Don't let things hold you back, there are always options.

Thanks, though sometimes it does seem as though without qualifications or experience a decent career is not possible.
Reply 5
Original post by Saint Nicky
Thanks, though sometimes it does seem as though without qualifications or experience a decent career is not possible.

Well it's not easier, but my point is, you can change this if you put your mind to it. It will just be a little more difficult because it's less conventional.
OP, never ever believe you can't change the course of your direction. You can. It is never too late. Trust me.

If you need some qualifications to get to where you want to go, then start there.

Do you have GCSEs? If not, get them, and then apply to go to college. Once you have A-levels, your doors will open up massively.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending