The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

By the end of last year I was just shoving everything in the same folder.

I'm going to be more organised this year. I have a folder per subject, paper, pens etc. That's all you really need. A hole punch comes in useful.
The best way to stay organised is to buy a folder for each subject with plastic wallets and dividers and have a section in the folder for each unit or module of the course. On the spine of the folder have a label to tell you what folder it is and if need be write what modules are within that folder in case you end up with more than one folder. Make sure you always have enough paper with you for notes so buy a few notebooks before you start, also have the basics such as decent pens, some highlighters, tipex and a stapler.
Reply 42
You could leave the module and subject ringbinders at home and just use a normal folder to transport notes between school and home. Taking 5 ringbinders every day would possibly lead to chronic back injury.
:biggrin:
Buy cool stuff from paperchase haha !
I got loads of cheap A5 books from smiths when they had some cleaence and got them for 49p each or something like that.

I was going to write my notes in that roughly and then write it up neatly when I get home, and stick it in a folder. I have 3 folder one for each subject.

Stationary wise - I just have the basic pen pencil, rubber, ruler, sharpner, . basically. Don't want to take TOO much stuff if I can.
Reply 45
First, pencil cases are fine and so are your usual pens, pencils, highlighters, ruler, maths set etc.

I would say hav a lever arch file at HOME for EACH subject (with dividers if necessary e.g. for geography every topic has a different section). This is so when you start revising, you don't spend half you're time sorting everything out.

When your at sixth form just take an A4 pad of lined paper so you don't have to lug too much stuff around, with any work you need to hand in loose at the front. Once your work is marked you can file it in order at home ready for use later on.

Personally, i would prefer a rucksack or a large shoulder bag but this is your personal choice - as long as it fits your stationary and books in whatever rocks your boat!

Admittedly (sp?) i find this harder done than said, but it is possible and theres usaully an hour at the weekend you can use to get organised for the coming week if you don't keep up with filing nightly.

Not much different to GCSEs, just make sure you keep on top of things and you'll time to do whatever you like, usually when it suits you instead of flapping about stationary and skl work:smile:
Reply 46
On the Folder Front: I went back on Tues, and I now have a 'weekly' folder with the stuff that I need for that week - everything else gets filed into the ringbinders at home. And I've stuck my timetable at the front!! The folder is divided into subjects and teachers, and I only take the work that I need for that day.

Although I drastically underestimated the amount of lined paper that I'd get through - I need a new A4 pad already... :s-smilie:
beesbees
Doesn't matter; noone looks at YOUR notes. They are YOUR notes after all. Whatever is best for you...

Actualy they often do :wink: Check we're not slacking off.
pukka pads, lol.

Latest