The Student Room Group

Psychology degree without BPS accreditation?

Cleethorpes Uni offers psychology undergraduate course. However, it's not BPS accredited. Ultimately I was to become an educational psychologist or work with youth offenders from a psychological prospective. I understand I have many years of studying ahead of me. But, does the undergraduate degree matter if it isn't accredited?

Thanks in advance 😊
Original post by Wray-Richardson
Cleethorpes Uni offers psychology undergraduate course. However, it's not BPS accredited. Ultimately I was to become an educational psychologist or work with youth offenders from a psychological prospective. I understand I have many years of studying ahead of me. But, does the undergraduate degree matter if it isn't accredited?

Thanks in advance 😊

If you do an undergrad degree that isn't accredited then you will need to do a post-grad conversion course in order to become an EP. I doubt it would matter for youth offending, although you would have to check
Original post by Interrobang
If you do an undergrad degree that isn't accredited then you will need to do a post-grad conversion course in order to become an EP. I doubt it would matter for youth offending, although you would have to check

If by 'youth offending' OP means working as a Forensic Psychologist, then they'd need an accredited undergraduate degree or conversion course, then a further MSc in Forensic Pscyhology and either the BPS Stage 2 qualification or PhD :smile:
Original post by bones-mccoy
If by 'youth offending' OP means working as a Forensic Psychologist, then they'd need an accredited undergraduate degree or conversion course, then a further MSc in Forensic Pscyhology and either the BPS Stage 2 qualification or PhD :smile:

Yes of course but there are people who work with youth offenders who will have different roles and that would be ok. Should have made myself clearer!

Quick Reply

Latest