The Student Room Group

BPS Accreditation

Hey!
I have been accepted for Ms in Business Psychology by the University of Manchester. However, it isn't an accredited program as I don't have a BPS accredited undergrad.
I am planning to get the accreditation to get transferred to organisational psychology (which is accredited master's degree) but my undergrad degree had Psychology, Political Science and English literature with equal weightage.
Are there any chances of me getting the accreditation?
Original post by Maperviz
Hey!
I have been accepted for Ms in Business Psychology by the University of Manchester. However, it isn't an accredited program as I don't have a BPS accredited undergrad.
I am planning to get the accreditation to get transferred to organisational psychology (which is accredited master's degree) but my undergrad degree had Psychology, Political Science and English literature with equal weightage.
Are there any chances of me getting the accreditation?

A conversion course? Maybe someone more knowledgeable on this topic will chime in.
Reply 2
Original post by random_matt
A conversion course? Maybe someone more knowledgeable on this topic will chime in.

Thanks for the suggestion!
But I'm really not in favor of going through another course after my master's! I'd love to know of any other way..
Reply 3
Thanks for the suggestion!
But I'm really not in favor of going through another course after my master's! I'd love to know of any other way..

It is unlikely you will get graduate basis for chartered membership (GBC) without the accredited BSc or a conversion course, as you likely will not have covered the core modules required for this. To get GBC, you would probably need to complete a conversion MSc.
Reply 4
Original post by Nerol
It is unlikely you will get graduate basis for chartered membership (GBC) without the accredited BSc or a conversion course, as you likely will not have covered the core modules required for this. To get GBC, you would probably need to complete a conversion MSc.

Really?
I had the following subjects as a part of my undergrad:
Basic principles of psychology, Abnormal Psychology, Developmental Psychology, Counselling Psychology, Social Psychology and Research Methods for Behavioral Science.
Is this not enough?
Reply 5
Really?
I had the following subjects as a part of my undergrad:
Basic principles of psychology, Abnormal Psychology, Developmental Psychology, Counselling Psychology, Social Psychology and Research Methods for Behavioral Science.
Is this not enough?

The modules sound OK, it'll just be the amount of time dedicated to each one as you were also studying 2 other topics. I can't say with 100% certainty that you wouldn't be eligible, but the BPS have strict criteria for accreditation. You could contact them directly to see if they have any advice.
Reply 6
Original post by Nerol
The modules sound OK, it'll just be the amount of time dedicated to each one as you were also studying 2 other topics. I can't say with 100% certainty that you wouldn't be eligible, but the BPS have strict criteria for accreditation. You could contact them directly to see if they have any advice.

Yes! That's true.
And I did mail them before posting the discussion here and they gave no significant advice than what's already given in their website. They said that each degree in considered on case-by-case basis and if my degree covers the modules listed by them, then I would get their approval. That's all! They didn't even answer my query if I have chances of getting through their special criteria.

Quick Reply

Latest