The Student Room Group

Who's in the wrong here?

I messaged a girl from a dating site to see if she if she wanted to go on a date and she wasn't interested, but first she wanted me to donate to a cause of hers. I said that's nice but I do my fair share already and told her if you say this to all guys who message you, which she said she did. I told her that she was using other people for personal gain and it's better to just say you're not interested in dating them immediately. Then she insulted and blocked me. Who's in the wrong?
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Justbeingmyself
I messaged a girl from a dating site to see if she if she wanted to go on a date and she wasn't interested, but first she wanted me to donate to a cause of hers. I said that's nice but I do my fair share already and told her if you say these to all guys who message you, which she said she did. I told her that she was using other people for personal gain and it's better to just say you're not interested in dating them immediately. Then she insulted and blocked me. Who's in the wrong?

What's the cause? If she's asking people to donate to charity I don't think she's doing anything wrong. You don't have to donate though so I don't think anyone's in the wrong
Original post by hope1279
What's the cause? If she's asking people to donate to charity I don't think she's doing anything wrong. You don't have to donate though so I don't think anyone's in the wrong

Her own personal cause, but I do enough already, it's a dating site she should just simply say if she's interested or not interested.
Yh dunno why she’s tryna act like a model citizen on a dating site. You’re there to meet people, not donate to their cause. I don’t think ure in the wrong m8
eh just move on mate. dating sites arent really good for self promo tbh haha
She is in the wrong.
For both resorting to personal insults and asking those she chats with for donations to charity on a dating site.
Original post by londonmyst
She is in the wrong.
For both resorting to personal insults and asking those she chats with for donations to charity on a dating site.

She ended up getting all defensive, it's a dating site, not a charity site. As I said I do my fair share already. I wouldn't say that if it was the other way around to a complete stranger. It's fine that she wasn't interested but insulting me when I called her out was not needed. How does she know that the guys that do donate are really doing it for a genuine reason anyway?
She ended up getting all defensive, it's a dating site, not a charity site. As I said I do my fair share already. I wouldn't say that if it was the other way around to a complete stranger. It's fine that she wasn't interested but insulting me when I called her out was not needed. How does she know that the guys that do donate are really doing it for a genuine reason anyway?

I've crossed paths with plenty of bad mannered people that demand charitable donations irl and on social media, then turn spiteful when the answer is no.
Many people that behave in this way are only fixated on getting the donations flowing in, they don't care what the motivation of donors are.
Original post by londonmyst
I've crossed paths with plenty of bad mannered people that demand charitable donations irl and on social media, then turn spiteful when the answer is no.
Many people that behave in this way are only fixated on getting the donations flowing in, they don't care what the motivation of donors are.

Exactly, plus it's a dating site, where the intention is to hookup, if you're not interested why not just say that immediately then get them to donate to your cause and fob them off later? I'd rather meet people in real life anyway, much better that way.
Original post by hope1279

It's more the fact that she knew I was interested in dating, as I messaged her specifically from a dating site and she wasn't interested then got peeved off when I didn't donate, then the fact she told me she sends it to every guy that messages her. If she's not interested she should just say immediately, she wasn't interested in getting to know me and I bet a lot of the other guys as well, just to further her own cause.
Reply 10
Don’t worry, it’s manipulative in the extreme to ask in these circumstances. Not to worry that she got upset.
I messaged a girl from a dating site to see if she if she wanted to go on a date and she wasn't interested, but first she wanted me to donate to a cause of hers. I said that's nice but I do my fair share already and told her if you say this to all guys who message you, which she said she did. I told her that she was using other people for personal gain and it's better to just say you're not interested in dating them immediately. Then she insulted and blocked me. Who's in the wrong?

Not really, she shouldn't be using a dating site of all sites, for self promo? like a bit funny but, you're right, it's not like you went off on her you just simply said your opinion. If she wants to block let her block.
In my view there is nothing immoral or moral about what either of you have done.

She's mistook a dating site for GoFundMe, you've wasted your time by engaging with her.
No she’s shouldn’t be doing that on a dating website so you’re in the right and if she wants people to donate or u to know about it she should say that when you’re getting to know her not when she’s a stranger. She shouldn’t be pressuring people anyway.
her.
She is misusing the service.
Wasting peoples time and energy, its quit a small thing as almost everyone will tell her no & move on but people are on their trying to spark something up and you have wasted that time where you could have at least tried your efforts with someone who is at least trying to use the service for the right reasons.
Original post by 04MR17
In my view there is nothing immoral or moral about what either of you have done.

She's mistook a dating site for GoFundMe, you've wasted your time by engaging with her.

Here I was thinking it was an Only fans account or something :rofl3:
Just to clarify it was a personal message to her since she was on a dating site. She obviously wasn't interested from the start which is fine but for some reason she wanted me to donate to her cause first before telling me, that's what I found to be undignified. She's completely misunderstood the context with regards to her appeal.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending