The Student Room Group

Do you need to keep your Year 1 University notes?

Do you need to keep all your notes from Year 1 of university, going on to Year 2?
Yes why not? You will not find them online and always a resource for reference if you forget something.
I kept mine but never looked at them. I did look back at some first year textbooks though.
nah more time I won't keep my notes. first year is baisically A level content.
Original post by Anonymous
Do you need to keep all your notes from Year 1 of university, going on to Year 2?

Hi

It depends on the degree, but if you have the space, I would advise you to. In my current degree, our second year lectures regularly tell us to look back at our old notes for extra info on a specific topic, or to ensure the foundation we're going to build on when learning the new information is very solid. A lot of degrees work with a spiral curriculum where you cover old material again very briefly before building on it so it is really useful to have your notes to refer back to. Also, if you have friends in lower years who are struggling with a specific topic or missing certain notes, you can help them out with yours.

Hope this helps
Lauren
2nd Year Biomedical Science Student
SGUL Official Rep
Reply 5
Depends on your course - we've got a lot which builds upon year 1 knowledge so I've organised mine all digitally so I have them to refer to.
I only make lecture notes to learn the content, but since they're digital i don't bother deleting them.
I've graduated law school and have kept all my notes from year 1, 2 and 3 just in case I need it for future reference. Plus, you've worked hard writing those notes so it seems pointless to throw them out
also law

Day after exams i took all notes out of their files and put them into archive sleeves and in a big box. I put all the books onto amazon as well (bar one revision guide for each)

so they are there if i need to look but as the subjects are totally different, i probably won't need to.

Hey!

I would definitely recommend keeping your notes - whether they're online or hard copies, as you can refer back to them in the future if you ever need them :smile:

Eloise - Official Student Rep :smile:

Hi,

I kept my notes just in case I ever needed them, however didn't ever end up looking back at them. But as others have said they could come in handy for your second year or for the future in general so may be worth keeping them.

Zaira :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending