The Student Room Group

How to stay motivated during quarantine?

I've got school work that has been set but I get distracted too easily and get bored after like 10-15 minutes. Any advice?
Original post by safaahmed33
I've got school work that has been set but I get distracted too easily and get bored after like 10-15 minutes. Any advice?

I think of what I'd achieve later on if I do the work now. Also turn notifications of on some websites also close TSR.
Tip 1: Set yourself a list and prioritise tasks of most importance at the top.

Tip 2: Use the pomodoro technique. You study for 25mins then have a 5min break. Repeat this 3 times more then have a 30minute longer break.

Tip 3: Switch off your phone/turn to silent and turn off any distractions. Music can help like hi natural beats or lo-fi to help you to focus.

Tip 4: Give yourself time in between study days to rest and absorb the information. We all need time to process what we have learnt and work we have completed. This helps us gain good memory skills and also not to overwork and fall into negative work/life balance.

Tip 5: Find somewhere as dedicate it as your study spot. Could be in your room or garden if you have one or even a coffee shop (I love coffee shops for studying). Somewhere you can dedicate at a study space so you can focus.

Tip 6: Go at your own pace. Try and find what works for you. Some people take photos, use revision cards, draw cartoons or make mind maps to help them with their homework/studying and workload. Whatever works for you!

Just remember, tackle things one step at a time and you’ll be great!
Reply 3
Original post by ClaudiaVan
Tip 1: Set yourself a list and prioritise tasks of most importance at the top.

Tip 2: Use the pomodoro technique. You study for 25mins then have a 5min break. Repeat this 3 times more then have a 30minute longer break.

Tip 3: Switch off your phone/turn to silent and turn off any distractions. Music can help like hi natural beats or lo-fi to help you to focus.

Tip 4: Give yourself time in between study days to rest and absorb the information. We all need time to process what we have learnt and work we have completed. This helps us gain good memory skills and also not to overwork and fall into negative work/life balance.

Tip 5: Find somewhere as dedicate it as your study spot. Could be in your room or garden if you have one or even a coffee shop (I love coffee shops for studying). Somewhere you can dedicate at a study space so you can focus.

Tip 6: Go at your own pace. Try and find what works for you. Some people take photos, use revision cards, draw cartoons or make mind maps to help them with their homework/studying and workload. Whatever works for you!

Just remember, tackle things one step at a time and you’ll be great!

Thank you so much!! Will definitely use your advice :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending