The Student Room Group
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website

University of southampton accomodation

Hi, I received an unconditional offer from Southampton and I had applied for accommodation in April this year. On their website, it says that offers for accommodation will be made by August but so far I haven't received anything. Just wondering if thy are delaying offers for everyone.
Hey! I am planning to start my studies at Southampton in September but I haven't receive any news on accommodation either. (I'm still holding a conditional offer though)
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website
Reply 2
Same I'm really anxious because my start date is 28th Sept and they haven't emailed me any more updates
Original post by Anonymous
Hey! I am planning to start my studies at Southampton in September but I haven't receive any news on accommodation either. (I'm still holding a conditional offer though)
Reply 3
Hi, do you think about apply for an en-suite in Southampton Crossings and we can be flatmates? It's a brand new hall of residence in the city centre and it's really good for students.
Same I'm really anxious because my start date is 28th Sept and they haven't emailed me any more updates

I'm not completely sure about people with unconditional offers, but I'm pretty sure that people with conditional offers (including me) will hear about accommodation after we get our results and have a definite place. But I don't know for sure as everything is weird this year.
Hi, I received an unconditional offer from Southampton and I had applied for accommodation in April this year. On their website, it says that offers for accommodation will be made by August but so far I haven't received anything. Just wondering if thy are delaying offers for everyone.

Original post by lLeo
Hi, do you think about apply for an en-suite in Southampton Crossings and we can be flatmates? It's a brand new hall of residence in the city centre and it's really good for students.

Original post by OceanCrystal
I'm not completely sure about people with unconditional offers, but I'm pretty sure that people with conditional offers (including me) will hear about accommodation after we get our results and have a definite place. But I don't know for sure as everything is weird this year.

Hi everyone!
Offers do not normally go out until mid-August to mid-September time anyway.

Due to the exceptional circumstances things have been delayed so I am sure they will let you know when they've everything confirmed.
Please keep regularly checking your email, including your junk folder in case something comes through. This is because once offers of accommodation go out, you can have between 3-5 days to accept them.

Don't worry too much about your course start date. If you're a first year, the first week is likely fresher's week and/or induction week where you will probably just have a few online lectures welcoming you to the uni and department. So you'll not be missing much anyway. For info on fresher's week this year, check out the student union's website here: susu.org

Best wishes,
Cheese :bump:
Reply 6

Daughter told last week by uni that her course will be living & studying in a 'bubble' so that may delay accommodation offer and her choice of location may not be able to be met, although they would try to meet type of accommodation e.g. ensuite etc.
I haven't receieved any info on it. We will most likely hear after results day as it isn't certain how many people they will be taking on (what I think anyway)
Hey, I was wondering what is more suitable for postgrads (40 week contract or 51 week contract) ? If I choose the first one can I extend it or it's fixed?
Original post by Percept10n
Hey, I was wondering what is more suitable for postgrads (40 week contract or 51 week contract) ? If I choose the first one can I extend it or it's fixed?

51 week :yy:

Original post by CrazyJadey2001
I haven't receieved any info on it. We will most likely hear after results day as it isn't certain how many people they will be taking on (what I think anyway)

Yes offers go out from the day after results until mid-September :yes:
Original post by VSF
Daughter told last week by uni that her course will be living & studying in a 'bubble' so that may delay accommodation offer and her choice of location may not be able to be met, although they would try to meet type of accommodation e.g. ensuite etc.

I think that may only be the case for medicine?
They will try the best they can :hugs: the Team is really great. Hopefully everything is ok + you have heard back
if you have any questions, let me know and I will try my best to answer them :smile:

Quick Reply