The Student Room Group

Free PDF editors that allow you to do this?

If you are reading a PDF and come across an unfamiliar word that you want to quickly highlight and then come back later to, which PDF editor is the best for this? Would be ideal if somehow all the highlighted words could automatically be selected at the end...I have seen this on an app before but can't remember.

Anyone? Thanks
hey! i used to use the Weava Highlighter chrome extension when reading online, perhaps this may be what you're after? :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Atlas!
If you are reading a PDF and come across an unfamiliar word that you want to quickly highlight and then come back later to, which PDF editor is the best for this? Would be ideal if somehow all the highlighted words could automatically be selected at the end...I have seen this on an app before but can't remember.

Anyone? Thanks

Have you tried putting it into google docs? This gives you then the format to highlight unfamiliar terms and commenting a meaning in the problem (?) area :smile:
Convert it into a better format?

I use SmallPDF quite frequently.
Reply 4
Original post by sunsetpeony
hey! i used to use the Weava Highlighter chrome extension when reading online, perhaps this may be what you're after? :smile:

This is literally exactly what I wanted! thanks so much!

Do you have an account btw? I don't know if it's useful to make one...does it make sure your data is safe, as in the research you highlight or something is saved/backed up? :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by DiddyDec
Convert it into a better format?

I use SmallPDF quite frequently.

I quite like the format though, I do have some other editors on my laptop, but I don't like them because they are too 'messy'. Besides, all I want is to be able to highlight certain words and for them to be stored in one place for me. That's all.

Oooh will check that out thxx
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Atlas!
I quite like the format though, I do have some other editors on my laptop, but I don't like them because they are too 'messy'. Besides, all I want is to be able to highlight certain words. That's all.

Oooh will check that out thxx

Oh, if you just want highlight certain words then use Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Original post by Atlas!
This is literally exactly what I wanted! thanks so much!

Do you have an account btw? I don't know if it's useful to make one...does it make sure your data is safe, as in the research you highlight or something is saved/backed up? :smile:

yay! that was lucky, glad i've helped! :smile:

it's been a while since i used it, but i'm pretty sure i did have an account as otherwise i don't think your data gets saved if you want to look back at it another time. so it's probably best to make an account to be on the safe side!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending