The Student Room Group

What are the great apprenticeships for aerospace engineering?

Hello everyone, and how are you today which I wanna ask anyone a question that what are the famous British or international aerospace companies that provide apprenticeships for students, like me who I want to take an advanced or level 3 engineering course which does involve manual and CNC machinery in the aerospace industry, but would any of them be appropriate for me to do because I do have autism as my medical condition and I do believe that working at the RAF would not be suitable for me to become an apprentice?
Reply 1
You can have a look at Airbus, BAE Systems, GKN, Rolls-Royce, XCEL Aerospace etc. - but this list could go on. Many application forms will ask you to state if you have a medical condition, but they're not allowed to discriminate you based on your medical condition. If they employ you, they have to provide you with the support you require, and nowadays a lot of engineering companies are reasonably good at that too. There's also nothing stopping you from applying to the RAF. Apply for ANY company that appeals to you. Don't knock yourself just because of your autism - the more companies you apply for the more chance you have at getting a good role.

Quick Reply

Latest