The Student Room Group

Btec grades?

will btec students be receiving there predicted grades or are teachers going to be giving out grades? my predicited is D,D,D. but the work i handed in isn't even close to that and due to lockdown i havent handed any work as well?
results day next week and im stressed as btecs dont have retakes as well

Scroll to see replies

It will be on a similar level to how a levels are being done. Did you have any exams?

Any previous coursework and work will be looked at and they will calculate a grade and rank you in order for your course.

Hope this helps
https://qualifications.pearson.com/content/dam/pdf/assessment-hub/BTEC_Results_Infographic_PRF10.pdf
This will help you understand how they calculated your grades, they can still be adjusted up or down by the exam board.
Original post by Xavier28
will btec students be receiving there predicted grades or are teachers going to be giving out grades? my predicited is D,D,D. but the work i handed in isn't even close to that and due to lockdown i havent handed any work as well?
results day next week and im stressed as btecs dont have retakes as well

How many units were u able to complete before corona, and what did u get in them
I found a useful tool that put me at ease. There is a grade calculator on the BTEC website which you can input your unit grades into and what you think you might get then it will give you an overall grade. I had a play around with it to see what the minimum grade they will give me with the minimum grades predicted. They massively helped
Original post by Lshort17
I found a useful tool that put me at ease. There is a grade calculator on the BTEC website which you can input your unit grades into and what you think you might get then it will give you an overall grade. I had a play around with it to see what the minimum grade they will give me with the minimum grades predicted. They massively helped

But with this statistical model ofqual are using these calculations barely help as ofqual are looking into many things
Original post by anonymous---..
But with this statistical model ofqual are using these calculations barely help as ofqual are looking into many things

Ofqual has already said that it wont really affect your grade much and im sure they said they have a different model compared to A levels. My sister had her QCF qualification back and hers had not been changed. The advantage of BTEC is that not much in terms of standardisation is needed as there is a lot of evidence so if there is it will only be minimal

Plus i never said this was tool fully accurate with things happening as i mentioned i had a play around with the figures to find the minimum possible grade i could achieve from units id already done and inputting the lowest grades for predictions. I would hope that i wouldn’t achieve the lowest possible grades but that is in case standardisation is in place
(edited 3 years ago)
Ofqual has already said that it wont really affect your grade much and im sure they said they have a different model compared to A levels. My sister had her QCF qualification back and hers had not been changed. The advantage of BTEC is that not much in terms of standardisation is needed as there is a lot of evidence so if there is it will only be minimal

Plus i never said this was tool fully accurate with things happening as i mentioned i had a play around with the figures to find the minimum possible grade i could achieve from units id already done and inputting the lowest grades for predictions. I would hope that i wouldn’t achieve the lowest possible grades but that is in case standardisation is in place

the grade calculator is great, i got 3 D, 3P and 1M last year and then 2Ds this year on fully complete units, if i get a merit in all my incomplete modules it predicts i’ll get D*DD

give it a go:
https://qualifications.pearson.com/en/support/support-topics/results-certification/understanding-marks-and-grades/using-the-next-generation-btec-nqf-grade-calculator.html
Original post by ninasally
the grade calculator is great, i got 3 D, 3P and 1M last year and then 2Ds this year on fully complete units, if i get a merit in all my incomplete modules it predicts i’ll get D*DD

give it a go:
https://qualifications.pearson.com/en/support/support-topics/results-certification/understanding-marks-and-grades/using-the-next-generation-btec-nqf-grade-calculator.html

It sure is, it did put me at ease. I worked out the lowest i could get is DMM thats if standardisation messes everything up and if predictions are lowered however if nothing happens i could get D*DD. Last year i had all Ds minus one which was M then i had two exams which were M and P. This year all Ds so far so hoping i will be okay!

I hope you get your prediction and good luck! Are you more nervous or excited about thursday?
It sure is, it did put me at ease. I worked out the lowest i could get is DMM thats if standardisation messes everything up and if predictions are lowered however if nothing happens i could get D*DD. Last year i had all Ds minus one which was M then i had two exams which were M and P. This year all Ds so far so hoping i will be okay!

I hope you get your prediction and good luck! Are you more nervous or excited about thursday?

i’m terrified! i never got an official prediction from my college but i need DDM for uni , the grade calc says D*DD which would be good as if i get DDD i get a £2,000 grant! keep having dreams about results day there’s no escape. only thing that could cause problems for me is that i got 3 passes last year, but all D’s in the exams which are weighted double so that’s good
i’m terrified! i never got an official prediction from my college but i need DDM for uni , the grade calc says D*DD which would be good as if i get DDD i get a £2,000 grant! keep having dreams about results day there’s no escape. only thing that could cause problems for me is that i got 3 passes last year, but all D’s in the exams which are weighted double so that’s good

Oh dear! Yeh we didnt really. We had one on the Proportal but it seemed a little out of proportion so no clue! Oh hopefully fingers crossed for you! I need DMM if i get the grades i will get a grant too! Well im sure we will be fine and to be honest its not in our control. Oh the exams should help! They tend to have a lot more weight than the coursework as im the other was round i did rubbish in the exams but i have coursework to weigh it up hopefully. I think the exams are 120 whatever and the coursework was 60 but that could have been the guided hours haha!
Oh dear! Yeh we didnt really. We had one on the Proportal but it seemed a little out of proportion so no clue! Oh hopefully fingers crossed for you! I need DMM if i get the grades i will get a grant too! Well im sure we will be fine and to be honest its not in our control. Oh the exams should help! They tend to have a lot more weight than the coursework as im the other was round i did rubbish in the exams but i have coursework to weigh it up hopefully. I think the exams are 120 whatever and the coursework was 60 but that could have been the guided hours haha!

my pro portal prediction says MPP i do not think so mate. praying the teachers come through. :
she was saying that they will use your grades from similar modules last year, i got a D in my biology exam and my breeding and genetics exam and 3 of my unfinished are science based so that makes me feel better.
hey just wanted to add something i got my results already and i handed still a fair amount of units during lockdown but most of it was still down to practical i was predicted DDM instead surprisngly to me i got D*DD
Original post by Nightfire1964
hey just wanted to add something i got my results already and i handed still a fair amount of units during lockdown but most of it was still down to practical i was predicted DDM instead surprisngly to me i got D*DD

Congrats! Are you planning on going to uni?
my pro portal prediction says MPP i do not think so mate. praying the teachers come through. :
she was saying that they will use your grades from similar modules last year, i got a D in my biology exam and my breeding and genetics exam and 3 of my unfinished are science based so that makes me feel better.

Oh right! Lets hope they dont base it on that then! Oh nice are you doing animal care or a science subject then?
Oh right! Lets hope they dont base it on that then! Oh nice are you doing animal care or a science subject then?

yeah i do animal management then going to uni for wildlife conservation. what do you do?

that makes me feel better
Congrats! Are you planning on going to uni?

thanks yes i'm hoping to. Sorted out accommodation and basically i have meet all of my course through social media a few months ago the btec i studied was production arts and live events and i'm going to be going to royal welsh college of music and drama to study stage management and technical theatre
yeah i do animal management then going to uni for wildlife conservation. what do you do?

Oh nice my sister did that she did QCF though so she got hers last week. Im doing construction and the built env (technical) and hoping to go to uni to do Building Surveying. Oh thats interesting!
(edited 3 years ago)
thanks yes i'm hoping to. Sorted out accommodation and basically i have meet all of my course through social media a few months ago the btec i studied was production arts and live events and i'm going to be going to royal welsh college of music and drama to study stage management and technical theatre

Oh thats cool! Bet its getting exciting now! Not long to go!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending