The Student Room Group

How I got all 9s at GCSEs (But most importantly, how you can too!)

Scroll to see replies

omg, computer science. i would appreciate any advice at this point. i got a three in my last mock, and general revision techniques too. i mostly struggle in computer science, triple science and maths.
congratulations on your grades though, that's amazing
Reply 21
Original post by spectrum84
Wow that's lots of fantastic advice but it takes dedication doesn't it, not many people will have the motivation to do that. Congratulations on your grades and hope you get into medicine! Can I ask where you're thinking of applying and when your UCAT is? x

Hi, my UCAT will take place September 3rd and I haven't really thought about where I'm applying properly. I love the University of Newcastle and I am considering Oxbridge but that is probably unrealistic. I will make a proper decision once I have researched properly and visited some universities. Medicine is a 5/6 year course which is a long time so I want to go somewhere I know I will feel happy! x
Reply 22
Original post by FantasyAngel
omg, computer science. i would appreciate any advice at this point. i got a three in my last mock, and general revision techniques too. i mostly struggle in computer science, triple science and maths.
congratulations on your grades though, that's amazing

of course and thank you so much! You can do it too! x
Reply 23
Original post by lulumillie02
Yeah, I would definitely read it. I love seeing people help everyone out so thank you.
Well done on your GCSE Grades they are amazing, I hope everything works out for you and you get into the medicine course at uni. :smile:
Good Luck :smile:

Thank you for your lovely message - it's made my day! Let me know if you need anything x
Reply 24
Original post by mass63
Hi
can you give us detailed advice on study and revision techniques for physics and chemistry.

Hello,
Physics and Chemistry are tough so don't worry if you are struggling. Of course I will help. The effort you put into it = the effort you put out but only if it's the right type e.g. no making revision notes over and over again - you need to grasp the correct exam technique. Detailed post will probably arrive by September! x
Original post by MahrinA
Hello everyone!

My name is Mahrin and I am currently a Year 12 student moving into Year 13 in September. I am studying Biology, Chemistry and Maths A-Levels and would love to apply to study Medicine next year. Last year, I received all 9s in my GCSEs.

I'm not a genius. But you don't have to be. You just have to play the exam system to your advantage.

In year 10 and 11, I spent hours researching study techniques and watching Study videos desperate to improve my grades. Now, based upon the research I have completed and my own personal experience, I feel I am qualified to give advice to students such as yourself on how to achieve the highest grades possible.

I have so much knowledge to impart upon you but I don't feel that TSR is the best platform to put this knowledge into in an organised way (I love TSR but you know...). I was wondering whether anyone would be interested in reading a blog dedicated to this advice? It wouldn't just be evidence-based study advice. It would include my own personal experiences (i.e.the transition between year 11 and 12, driving, applying to university, applying to Medicine, choosing GCSEs subjects, choosing A-levels). I want to help people but the only way I will be able to stay commited is if enough people are interested enough to read these blogs. Let me know what you think in the forum!

Also, tell me what type of content you want to see. I will update here regularly - just wrote the first draft of my first post!

Take care and stay safe!

Mahrin x

hi i would love to read it as i am going into yr11 i really need help for revision like i dont know why it dosent work for me pls help and when u gone write it out and post it?
Reply 26
Original post by keiraaaaxo
hi i would love to read it as i am going into yr11 i really need help for revision like i dont know why it dosent work for me pls help and when u gone write it out and post it?

Hey - I will update here regularly but I am hoping to release it after September, when I have completed my UCAT exams x
I would love to read I’m doing my GCSEs in the year coming and I really need all the help I can get. I’m struggling on English Lang, French, maths and combined science but since you’re doing triple I don’t think you would be able to help. Thank you!
Reply 28
Yes Please!!! Link this blog ASAP; I'm looking forward to reading!
You're amazing xx
I'm going into year 11 so please send me your GCSE advice; triple science, english lit and lang, maths, geography and french are the subjects we have in common and I'll take every piece of advice you have!!!
Original post by MahrinA
Hello everyone!

My name is Mahrin and I am currently a Year 12 student moving into Year 13 in September. I am studying Biology, Chemistry and Maths A-Levels and would love to apply to study Medicine next year. Last year, I received all 9s in my GCSEs.

I'm not a genius. But you don't have to be. You just have to play the exam system to your advantage.

In year 10 and 11, I spent hours researching study techniques and watching Study videos desperate to improve my grades. Now, based upon the research I have completed and my own personal experience, I feel I am qualified to give advice to students such as yourself on how to achieve the highest grades possible.

I have so much knowledge to impart upon you but I don't feel that TSR is the best platform to put this knowledge into in an organised way (I love TSR but you know...). I was wondering whether anyone would be interested in reading a blog dedicated to this advice? It wouldn't just be evidence-based study advice. It would include my own personal experiences (i.e.the transition between year 11 and 12, driving, applying to university, applying to Medicine, choosing GCSEs subjects, choosing A-levels). I want to help people but the only way I will be able to stay commited is if enough people are interested enough to read these blogs. Let me know what you think in the forum!

Also, tell me what type of content you want to see. I will update here regularly - just wrote the first draft of my first post!

Take care and stay safe!

Mahrin x

I would love to hear your advice as I am a year 10 student going into year 11 in September. I find it really hard to learn everything I need to and keep it in my brain lmao.
I’m in Year 9 going to Year 10, and am self studying all my GCSE content. I’ve covered maths and further maths, and halfway through history and geography, and will start my sciences in 2 days. I’m taking maths, further maths, eng lang and lit, triple science, geography, history, german, latin and greek. Any of these that you could help me with? Especially experiments and fieldwork, as I’m finding it difficult to get the marks in bio mainly due to technique and not lack of knowledge.
Original post by MahrinA
Hello everyone!

Take care and stay safe!

Mahrin x

I would definitely read this!
Hi could you all participate in my epq by filling out this quick form:
It only takes a couple of seconds.
https://forms.gle/XTX92nUrHyX1oBBr8
It would mean so much too if you share as well!
Thank you so much.
Yess I would love to read this! I’m aiming for all 9’s (I’m y10 going into 11) so will take any advice you can give!
Original post by sakura_23
I’m in Year 9 going to Year 10, and am self studying all my GCSE content. I’ve covered maths and further maths, and halfway through history and geography, and will start my sciences in 2 days. I’m taking maths, further maths, eng lang and lit, triple science, geography, history, german, latin and greek. Any of these that you could help me with? Especially experiments and fieldwork, as I’m finding it difficult to get the marks in bio mainly due to technique and not lack of knowledge.

If you need any help on Latin or Greek just PM me or text me and I’m very happy to help
(I did them both a year early (this year) and am predicted 9s in both :smile: )
Original post by MahrinA
Hello everyone!

Take care and stay safe!

Mahrin x

Omg yes! I need this so much I wanna do medicine and I'm going into yr11 next yr. And I just realised I wanted to do it so I have to work my grades back up, lots of catching up to do.
I'm interested :smile:.....Well done for achieving amazing grades!
(edited 3 years ago)
Hi! I would definitely like to learn about this and would be very grateful if you could write a post explaining how exactly to "play the exam system to your advantage". Thanks so much for this offer!
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by MahrinA
Hello everyone!

Take care and stay safe!

Mahrin x

I would 100% read it
Original post by MahrinA
Hello everyone!

Take care and stay safe!

Mahrin x

Can you include tips for history and geography please?

Quick Reply

Latest